Tampa, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-25
So, my water is beautiful, clear as glass and I’m very much in maintenance mode. Brush once a week, test FC and PH every couple of days and the rest less frequently, and all is well.

Yesterday at Lowe’s I was picking up a couple of garden hooks for some new wind chimes. Walk past housewares and saw a bottle brush for dishes and thought, “That would be perfect for my stairs - my regular brush is awkward in small spaces.”

I deployed new brush today and ACK! Dark green clouds billowing from my stair crevices and crannies! I scrubbed the living daylights out of those stairs, and then gave my FC a boost by throwing some bleach in over the stairs and mixed it in.

Moral of this story: Scrub the nooks and crannies!

LOL! If I have nightmares about the swamp creature, I’m blaming you!

Gonna do FC test before bed, but I dare that green stuff to mess with me. You’ve heard the phrase “hath no fury...”

Thanks for the reminder as I need to work on my stairs for sure. Not meaning to jinx anyone (especially me) but Im under the impression there are two sides of TFP...."This who have slammed and Those who will slam"

Oh, I’ve slammed, yes indeed. Brings back memories of thousands of tadpoles... I still feel guilty that they never got to grow up.

Lost 1.5 overnight. Grrrrr.

So, slamming. Have a dr. appt. in a bit and need to get bleach after... I don’t keep much here!

I just finished SLAMing and it didn't resolve until I took the decorative plastic strips off the steps. The strips covered up the screws that held the steps in place. The lesson is that you have to expose everything and scrub, scrub, scrub.

Swamp Monster Alert!

:laughblue:

- - - Updated - - -

I just finished SLAMing and it didn't resolve until I took the decorative plastic strips off the steps. The strips covered up the screws that held the steps in place. The lesson is that you have to expose everything and scrub, scrub, scrub.

No strips or anything like that, just lots of crevices. I scrubbed the tar out of them, and I’ve been distributing some of my chlorine over them. They are clean as a whistle now!

Fingers crossed that my SLAM is a one day deal! Will post OCLT tomorrow.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.