A&A Single Popup not working

isriam

Jan 15, 2015
PHX
I have a low profile 6 port A&A and my spa has 4 pop ups, but only 3 pop up. I've run the system for years (not original owner) and known this, but not sure how i could try and fix it.

I've taken the popup out and tried to dig around in the hole to see if it was clogged but only some calcium and dirt came up. Are there any good ideas on how to test if this port is actually connected to my 6 port lines and where?

All other popups work except this one in the bottom of the spa.

When you press from the bottom to pop up the popup head, is there any resistance or dragging?

Run the popup under water from your sink faucet. Extend and retract about a dozen times to flush out any grit. Rinse it out really well. Reinstall in spa (put a little pool lube on the O-ring first) and try it again. If it's still not working correctly, chances are you need to replace it. There are various style A&A heads - be sure to match your style head

i don't believe the issue to be the popup, as i'm getting no water through the line in the bottom of spa. is there a way to use like a fish tape to try and see if the line is actually connected?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.