Sitkom

Gold Supporter
In The Industry
Oct 13, 2018
Scottsdale,AZ
Hello everyone! We are a design-build firm and after contracting with a couple of local pool builders for other pool projects in the area the past few years, I've decided to GC the pool for the next project. For a variety of reasons I won't get into here, we only do in-floor cleaning systems for our pools and have historically used A&A, though I've heard good things about Blue Square and Paramount from time to time as well. Interestingly, Blue Square and Paramount offer design services but I have come up completely empty on any technical data or design assistance for A&A (Pentair). Obviously we don't do enough trade volume to establish a direct distribution relationship with Pentair, so I'm curious how others have tackled the A&A design process?

I'm a mechanical engineer (grad work in fluid mechanics/heat transfer) so I know my way around plumbing and hydrodynamic design, but I need basic info on the A&A heads to dial-in a placement and related plumbing. I have not been historically pleased with delegating the entire plumbing layout to the pool plumber/designer, so I'll be a bit more 'hands-on' in the plumbing design and build process for this pool. Thanks in advance for the assistance!

In my opinion, the in-floor system is a bad choice.

It is a huge power user and you would do better with a robot or some other choice.

Pentair will probably do the design for your system if you want, just contact them.

Reactions: mknauss
In my opinion, the in-floor system is a bad choice.

It is a huge power user and you would do better with a robot or some other choice.

Pentair will probably do the design for your system if you want, just contact them.
Preaching to the choir. Note the “… for reasons I’m not going to get into…”. I’ve reached out to Pentair. Thx!

A&A designs all their infloor setups - or at least have up until Pentair bought them.
Have you contacted A&A in Phoenix directly?

Have you contacted any of the PB's you've used in the past that use the A&A infloor? Maybe they'd be willing to help you out with having A&A do the design.

No matter the manufacturer or the infloor system, check their warranty to the original owner of the pool also. Some are better than others.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.