Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: RodneyS project draws to a close!

1. Back To Top    #1

RodneyS project draws to a close!

17K Gallon,IG Vinyl,1hp Pentair Challenger,Pentair TA60 Sand Filter, Hayward Colorlogic,Re-lined 06-20-15, TF-100,SpeedStir,Lagunitas and Margaritas. Zappafan Pool Build

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: RodneyS project draws to a close!

Nice! I like that brick work too. Probably good the deep end is opposite the wall or it could be a focal point (run & jump) for parties.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

That was definitely one of my considerations when I started this project (the jump factor). This pool was a garden two years ago. I designed and built the wall myself and then hired a "pool guy" to dig and redo the pool. He poured the steps and installed the liner and it was horrific. So I had to get a new pool guy and redo it again this spring. They did an excellent job including getting the stairs fabricated, remolding the bottom, and measuring the liner. So now all there is left to do is enjoy with the fam and test, test, test the TFP way!!!
    17K Gallon,IG Vinyl,1hp Pentair Challenger,Pentair TA60 Sand Filter, Hayward Colorlogic,Re-lined 06-20-15, TF-100,SpeedStir,Lagunitas and Margaritas. Zappafan Pool Build

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Welcome to TFP!! Congratulations on your beautiful family retreat! Your pool is beautiful, and I love the pool steps.

You did a fabulous job designing the brick walls! I love different levels of features in landscaping. My favorite besides the pool is the pair of steps on either side of the terrace! Very majestic! And such an inviting space. Enjoy! Suz.
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

5. Back To Top    #5

What is the depth profile. From your pic almost looks like a level shallow area then. Step to the deepend. Very interesting. Looks awesome!
    2015 Pool Build --> HERE IG 19'x47' w/ 7'x7' in pool spa; 3'6"-8' deep.
    Pentair 520 Filter, IntelliFlow VS XF Pump, IntelliChlor IC60 SWG, IntelliBrite/GloBrite LEDs, IntelliTouch w/Screenlogic2. 400K BTU heater. A&A G4V in-floor cleaning system. WetEdge Prism Matrix Pebble finish. TechoBloc Pavers and Coping.
    Test kits - Taylor K-2006 FAS/DPD, K-1766 Salt, SpeedStir

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by spool View Post
    What is the depth profile. From your pic almost looks like a level shallow area then. Step to the deepend. Very interesting. Looks awesome!
    It is 3'-2" in the shallow end and when they resurfaced the bottom I had the put a shelf in that I could stand on and have the water up to my chest, since I am 6'-4". It gives me a nice place to stand and enjoy a libation after a long day. So it is around 5'-0" at the shelf. The deep end is around 9'. When the pool was originally built they had a diving board which was removed when they filled the pool full of dirt and planted a garden in it. Maybe this weekend I can upload a few before and after pictures. It definitely has been a "long strange trip" to quote the mantra of this upcoming weekend. WooHoo!

7. Back To Top    #7

I had to find Hampton on the map. I have friends in Geneseo. Looks great and I like the "libation ledge," you should TM that. I'm too young for the GD, but of all the things I've already lost, I miss my mind the most. Even though that's Ozzy (or Twain) it seems more like a deadhead saying to me.
    16' x 32' (21100 gal), vinyl, 1.5 hp Hayward SuperPump,
    Tagelus TA60/60D Sand Filter, Raypak 399K Digital Heater, TF-100

8. Back To Top    #8

Look looks amazing. Great job!
    SLAM * Chlorine/CYA Chart * Pool Math * Pool School
    17.5k gal IG Fiberglass, Triton II TR60 Sand Filter, Jacuzzi Magum Force Pump 1.5 hp, 3/4 hp booster, Polaris 280, TF-100 Test Kit with Speed Stir

9. Back To Top    #9

I'm more of a Zappa type guy but my wife is in Chicago right now for the shows. I do however love the new Sabbath album 13! Thanks for all the good vibes TFP friends!

10. Back To Top    #10

Rodney! That is awesome!

I would love to see the whole story. From when you bought the place, how you knew there was once a pool there, to the bad work, to now. Maybe photobucket?

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

11. Back To Top    #11

nicely done!
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

12. Back To Top    #12

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    Rodney! That is awesome!

I would love to see the whole story. From when you bought the place, how you knew there was once a pool there, to the bad work, to now. Maybe photobucket?

Kim
    Me TOO! It sounds very interesting, and it's such a beautiful set up!

My son is a huge GD fan, especially Jerry Garcia. His main interest is the music, but he enjoys collecting Jerry Garcia ties from the art collection. But my son loves many, many bands from that era, but his all time favorite is Led Zeppelin! (just had to give them a plug on behalf of my son....)

Suz.
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

13. Back To Top    #13

Music is the BEST Suz!