Adding Spa and already confused!!!

Some jets are not that strong and probably those are from the jets so I haven't figure that out yet.
Not sure I understand what out are talking about here. Can you give some more details on which jets are not strong.

he foot jets that were installed on the bottom are not that strong with circulation pump. I need some advice on this one. It is separate direct line connected with a valve to a main circulation pump. The way it operated is useless. The jets show some auction when I reroute the spa return to those jets but still not effective. I also noticed at that time spa losses water to the pool.
It sounds like the valves are not set properly. You want to have suction come only from the spa and return only to the spa. If you are losing water to the pool, then one of the valves is not set properly. That could explain why the floor jets are not working well too.

Would it be ok to cut this line and install separate waterfall pump to have some strong auction.?
No. A waterfall pump is a low head pump and is not appropriate for spa jets. Are there separate returns for the spa? If not, then you probably could not use a separate pump anyway. You still need to have the filter and heater in the loop for the spa unless you want separate equipment from the pool.

What might help is if you have a schematic of the plumbing layout you could post.

SpaPlumbing_3_zpszcp3qgye.png
[/URL][/IMG]

the foot jets that were installed on the bottom are not that strong with circulation pump. I need some advice on this one. It is separate direct line connected with a valve to a main circulation pump. The way it operated is useless. The jets show some action when I reroute the spa return to those jets but still not effective. I also noticed at that time spa losses water to the pool.

Please see the 2nd picture for the reroute diagram that I mentioned above. Basically this way I thought I was closing the return line in spa suction mode and rerouting it through the foot jets by making foot jets to be a return for the spa. I realized later that 3 way valve doesn't support fully closing all 3 ports. The way it is designed is that one port should always be open. m I right ?. so that is why spa was loosing water to the pool.

What could you suggest doing with these foot jets. Do you think by adding a blower on those jets I could get at least some bubbles in the spa.? The foot jets pipe could easily be separated from the circulation cycle connect to another new equipment for max. results.? Thank you !

Please see my reply below this post

Not sure I understand what out are talking about here. Can you give some more details on which jets are not strong.

It sounds like the valves are not set properly. You want to have suction come only from the spa and return only to the spa. If you are losing water to the pool, then one of the valves is not set properly. That could explain why the floor jets are not working well too.

No. A waterfall pump is a low head pump and is not appropriate for spa jets. Are there separate returns for the spa? If not, then you probably could not use a separate pump anyway. You still need to have the filter and heater in the loop for the spa unless you want separate equipment from the pool.

What might help is if you have a schematic of the plumbing layout you could post.

I see pictures, not a schematic. The pictures help some but it is still hard to figure out how the foot jets are plumbed in.

But just to recap, it is the foot jets now that are the issue correct?

What size pipe did the PB use for the foot jets?

Does the jet pump run the foot jets or is it the circulation pump?

Can you redirect all the flow to the foot jets and does that help?

But just to recap, it is the foot jets now that are the issue correct?

Yes

What size pipe did the PB use for the foot jets?

1.5" which becomes 2 at equipment valve.

Does the jet pump run the foot jets or is it the circulation pump?

Circulation Pump

Can you redirect all the flow to the foot jets and does that help?

Yes but at this state spa loses water to the pool.

Please see picture and schematic (hand drawn by me from the picture) Thank you !
2325_0001.jpg

001.jpg

Yes but at this state spa loses water to the pool.
Do you mean the spa overflows into the pool?

Set the pool/spa suction side valve to spa only and that will prevent the overflow. It will need to be set this way when heating the spa so no heat is lost to the pool.

Do you mean the spa overflows into the pool?

No it doesn't overflows into the pool. Water in the spa gets lower at least 50% until it becomes level with the pool. When I set the suction to spa only and close the return ( see the picture below), not sure if this setting works properly on the 3 way valve because pool returns still discharge little water. By closing the return line I do open the foot jets in order to redirect all the water. I hope I was able to explain. My guess is this setting doesn't work with 3 way valve as it should always have one line open. Thank you.
Foot Jet action_mode.jpg

I believe you want that valve turned so the handle is over the spa pipe. You have just shut off all the return flow in the current configuration. If you follow the valve branch port backwards, I think it comes from the heater, correct?

Yes you right with this configuration I attempt to shut off all the return flow in order to redirect all the flow to the foot jets. In that configuration I do have more auction from foot jets which also works as a return line for the spa except spa gets lower by 50%. This is in order to get more action on the foot jets. In normal operation yes that return handle that you indicate is over the spa pipe but foot jets become useless once I turn them because all the water flows from the large pipes

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ok, I think I understand now. So with that valve configuration, the spa slowly drains but stops at pool level even while the pump is running?

If the 3-way valve was leaking (allowing water to go back to the pool), the spa would completely drain when the circulation pump is running.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.