Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Coping Replacement

1. Back To Top    #1

Coping Replacement

I've got a concrete decking, brick coping, and older pebbletech. The pebbltech and tile are in good condition. I'm going to replace the decking with pavers and coping with a precast concrete. My contractor stated that if we repalce the coping, he would have to replace the tile and pebbletech as well.

I know every pool is different, but is it possible to replace the coping without replacing the tile/pebbletech? Thx
    52k gal, Pebbleteck, Pentiar Intelliflo VS, Hayward Pro-Guard D.E. Filter, Raypack 407A Heater, AquaLink RS by Jandy, Aqua Rite Chlorinator x2, Hayward Turbo Cell x2, The Pool Cleaner robot

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Coping Replacement

I have no idea but I WOULD talk to at least 3 others to get their thoughts on it.

Good luck!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

I recently got quotes to have JUST the coping replaced in S.E. PA and the pool guys were willing to do it. The thing is my plaster probably only has a few years left and I would be running into salvaging the coping while replacing the tile / surface down the road. I do not know the lifespan of pebbletech, but it may be worth biting the bullet and doing a complete rehab... Long story short, I had a knowledgeable mason come in, carefully remove the coping (he had to level out the bond beam in a few spots) and replace it with new.
    24k gal. / Plaster Pool / Hayward DE filter / 1HP pump / CircuPool Si45+ SCG

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by socalowner View Post
    I've got a concrete decking, brick coping, and older pebbletech. The pebbltech and tile are in good condition. I'm going to replace the decking with pavers and coping with a precast concrete. My contractor stated that if we repalce the coping, he would have to replace the tile and pebbletech as well.

I know every pool is different, but is it possible to replace the coping without replacing the tile/pebbletech? Thx
    We were basically told the same thing. We wanted to go in and do coping after and redon on our pool and we were told they wouldn't be able to guarantee the tile and pebble would be ok and advised us not to risk it.
    Woodp721
    15K gal. 12X80 plaster-stonescape aqua white, buff leuders coping, Verona Borba Turquoise w/Borba Turquoise Deco