We have a vinyl in-ground pool 38x18 oval with steps at one end. The deck is concrete. We had it constructed over 20 years ago. The coping was installed before the deck was poured and is set into the deck. We hired a contractor to renovate the surface by using a material that could be stamped but was very thin about 1/8" thick. He butchered the job and promised to come back and fix it. This was 3 years ago. My question is what can be done to build up the deck with the coping not removable and having no overlap to the deck surface. The concrete deck before was fine, we just wanted to give it some new life. It now is awful. Suggestions??

Attachments

• Deck September 17, 2013 014.jpg
    Deck September 17, 2013 014.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 161
  • Deck September 17, 2013 029.jpg
    Deck September 17, 2013 029.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 161
I do not know how deep your pockets are......................If you are able to I would think about having someone CAREFULLY chip the old stuff out and start all over. I do not know of any thing you can put over it that will not do the same thing.

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.