Where Can I Get A 2.5 Inch Backflush Hose?

Your filter's waste port is probably dual diameter, 2" ID, 2½" OD. Glue a threaded bushing in it and screw in a hose fitting. That's how mine is set up.
025528133320lg.jpg
026497007032lg.jpg

Shop LASCO 2-in Dia x 1-1/2-in Dia PVC Sch 40 Bushing at Lowes.com
Shop Aqua EZ Hose Adapter at Lowes.com

Richard, you hit the nail on the head with the size of my fitting. Thanks for the all the part numbers. That's perfect. I'll head over to Lowe's for the parts as soon as I can.

I'm still scratching my head as to how the previous owner's pool person backwashed the filter. If he left it with no hose, it appears the backwash water would drain right into the pool!

My suggestion is to get an old fire hose off ebay, you can often find ones that are past their certification date (15-20 years I think) that spent their entire lives in a fire cabinet never being used for under $50, sometimes under $20. They are far more robust than the not so cheap flimsy blue hoses.

My suggestion is to get an old fire hose off ebay, you can often find ones that are past their certification date (15-20 years I think) that spent their entire lives in a fire cabinet never being used for under $50, sometimes under $20. They are far more robust than the not so cheap flimsy blue hoses.

Thanks for the idea Isaac. How would you connect a fire hose to the filter?

They make fittings to go from pipe thread to a fire hose fitting. Probably be as much as the hose since they are brass. Just cut the end off and use a hose clamp like the regular backwash hose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The adapters are fairly reasonable ($15-$25 for most on ebay, search NPT NST), the only issue is there is more than one standard of fire hose fittings, although the most common is NST (same as NH) which is National Thread, there are others you may find particularly in older hoses as some major cities kept their legacy non standard connectors for a VERY long time, some like NYC of CH may still have the legacy hoses, I am not sure. Or course there is also the alternative of removing / cutting off the connector and just attaching it with a host clamp.

Ike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.