Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Spa Blower

1. Back To Top    #1

Spa Blower

Turns out the hot tub I bought is supposed to have a blower and the guy can't find it. The spa was stored in the garage of a property he owns with renters and he thinks they took it with when they moved out(on accident).

So, I need a new blower. I've toyed with the idea of using a leaf blower as a blower but I'm not sure if it will create enough pressure to get the air under 2 ft. of water. I guess I'll use trial and error to find out. Any input on this?

The real question I have is... Where can I find a decent quality Spa blower for CHEAP?
    So far the best I've found is $86.00 for blower and J&J mini plug adapter at Spa Depot. Here's the link:http://www.spadepot.com/shop/Easy-Ai...P9253C151.aspx
    Input? Does anyone know of a better deal?

Thanks,
    Adam
    18' x 42" Intex Easyset Pool, with 16' x 52" deep end in the middle. Approx. 5500 Gal.
    Hayward Power-Flo LX 1 HP, 100# Jacuzzi Brand Sand Filter(Piped underground so it looks nice) 8)
    3 - 2' x 20' Solar Pool Heater Panels(roof mounted)
    Goin' on 9 summers...NOBODY thought it would last this long.
    Buried Portable Spa sharing pumps and water with pool (Almost complete project)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Spa Blower

This is a pretty good deal on a Comet which is the brand I see floating around the most:
    http://<br /> <a href="http://yourpo...t8162.html</a>

Both this and the one you found are technically "indoor" blowers and have to be mounted inside the spa paneling. The outdoor models, usually vertically mounted, are a little more expensive but last a lot longer in my experience.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Spa Blower

I know they are indoor blowers, but that's not a problem. The Spa Pack isn't waterproof either, as isn't one of the other pumps. I;m going to build some kind of mini-shed thing over them. Like those rubbermaid storage sheds with the hinged lid and front doors, accept out of wood.

I've seen those blowers too, except 1 HP, 120v(because that's what I need) for $80.00 too. Looks like that's what I'll end up with. Any companies/models to stay away from?

Thanks,
    Adam
    18' x 42" Intex Easyset Pool, with 16' x 52" deep end in the middle. Approx. 5500 Gal.
    Hayward Power-Flo LX 1 HP, 100# Jacuzzi Brand Sand Filter(Piped underground so it looks nice) 8)
    3 - 2' x 20' Solar Pool Heater Panels(roof mounted)
    Goin' on 9 summers...NOBODY thought it would last this long.
    Buried Portable Spa sharing pumps and water with pool (Almost complete project)