New to TFP and need some help on setting up pool

Jun 2, 2015
camden sc
Hello everyone I have been reading through a lot of threads gathering alot of information. I was given a doughboy 16 x 32 oval pool and trying to figure out the best way to set it up. The person that gave it to me just purchased the house had no use for the pool because it took up to much yard space. I had an intex 24 x 52 ultra frame round pool, this pool has been removed and the ground is rock hard because it is clay dirt. Had a landscaper come in and extend the area to compensate for the extra area needed for the oval pool. The ground where the old pool was does have some lumps and bumps in the ground. Would placing sand over this area help with the leveling?:handwave: I cant afford to have a professional come in and do it so any help or advice would be very much appreciated.:eek::confused:

The pool that I am trying to put up now is a doughboy. I took the intex ultra down, so would it be the same? its a 16 x 32 oval

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for your input. I have a couple of weeks before I get started but I wanted to get as much information on how to do this before we attempted and ran into problems.:cool:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.