New Pool Build - Central Oklahoma

Here is a progress shot from this morning. I would say they got ~85% of the flagstone done yesterday. Hopefully they can get it finished and grouted today and then move on to the waterfall. Unfortunately, I didn't see anything that is capable of moving those big rocks so I am guessing that will be next week. :roll:

Rock wall is complete, and we are very pleased with the final product. Still waiting on the waterfall... Spent the better part of the weekend cleaning up the back yard. Can't wait to get the yard leveled and some grass growing. It's tough knowing what it can/will look like but unfortunatly is going to take some time for the yard to recover from all of the work that has gone on. Once the waterfall is complete we can move on to the landscaping phase and they to get everything back in order. Anyhow here are a few pics.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Sooner, ya'll's pool and wall are amazing! I'm running out of adjectives. I don't know which I love more, the water color or the rock wall. It already looks like you have landscaping. They are both such center pieces - one looking from one direction, the other one from the opposite direction. You have such beautiful property!

Just when I think it can't get any better, it does! And then the rock waterfall is on its way. It may be too much for old Suz!!!

Congratulations!
Suz.

Well the PB just told me that they are supposed to be out tomorrow to build the waterfall. However, he has told me that ~4 different times over the past two weeks so I give it a 50/50 chance (being optimistic). The kids have been in the pool every day the weather has permitted. :snorkle:

They FINALLY started on the waterfall yesterday. I couldn’t wait for them to start on it and now I can't wait for them to finish. The rocks were covered in dirt and a significant amount of it ended up in the pool. I was trying to clean the pool up in the dark last night which was rather difficult to do. I couldn't tell exactly how dirty the water was last night (I was imagining an Oklahoma Lake kinda look) so I did not sleep very well last night. This morning, it wasn't nearly as bad as I had fear so I guess that late night cleaning effort paid off. Of course they are back at it today. However, last night I took the water hose to the rock that had not yet been used in hopes of minimizing the amount of dirt making its way into the pool. The PB assistant also came out and poured a bunch of salt into the pool yesterday and then left. I guess I truly have a SWG pool now, although there has been zero communication on what, if anything, I need to do now. Last time I talked to the PB he told me ""Once we get salt in the pool we will turn the chemical maintenance over to you". Really...? Only thing he has done is put 3 pucks in each skimmer the day after we filled the pool... 3 weeks ago. Thanks to pool school I have been keeping my water balanced and this joker acts like he has been keeping it in check. Like 6 chlorine pucks are going to be sufficient to keep it chlorinated for 3 weeks. And what about the PH? I would hate to see where that would be if I had not been lowering it every time it got up to 7.8. This pool water would have been a DISASTER had it not been for TFP!!! I can't thank you all enough. From pool construction idea's to water chemistry and everything in between, this site and it's users and moderators, have been a life saver... okay maybe not a life saver but a sanity saver for sure!!!

Absolutely beautiful! The pool, the setting and the wall! Hang in there. It will all be worth it when everything is completed and you are finally in charge of your own pool! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going a little slower than I expected, but here are a couple of update pics. They got the to rock on yesterday but still need some more rocks behind it and to fill in some gaps and build some sort of stairs. The high is only upper 80's today so I was thinking that they might get it finished up today. No one is even there working on it. SMH :confused: :brickwall: :-? :hammer:

These were taken as the sun was going down so not the best quality, my apologies.

Gorgeous pool. I can't wait to come over for a swim! ?

BTW, my wife is from Tuttle. Are you located anywhere near the Hiney Winery?

Looking good Sooner wing congrats. I have been watching your build since your thread. We live just up the way off between 134th & 119th. We are wanting to build next year. I would love to pick your brain sometime and get some insight on your experience to help us decide our PB.

Looking good Sooner wing congrats. I have been watching your build since your thread. We live just up the way off between 134th & 119th. We are wanting to build next year. I would love to pick your brain sometime and get some insight on your experience to help us decide our PB.

Sounds good Erock9er. I would be happy to share my thoughts and experiences.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.