Owner Builder North Texas

So I was not able to get the coping sample but it looks like this Dark walnut travertine eased edge:

The small black tiles are for the skimmer throats and the 1x1 pearl glass tiles will outline the edge of the sundeck, steps and benches.

And for the best part!

My kids would love those glow in the dark tiles! Have you decided on the color of your interior finish yet? Just trying to imagine the whole picture. It looks like you're going to have a very clean and classy look. I can't wait to see it done!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wow what a day. So the family and I left town for a long weekend to visit some family near Houston this Thursday. I worked out a delivery for my travertine coping and pavers and it was scheduled for this morning. My kind father-in-law was willing to meet these guys at my house at 9a.m. this morning, open the gate and show them where to unload.

So 9 rolls around and we call and they are an hour behind. An hour behind turn into 3 and a half hours behind. They finally arrive in a rented moving truck with a pallet jack. I'm thinking to myself. ...this won't end well. But I'm not going to worry because I'm on a mini vacation and my father-in-law will take care of it.

A few minutes later this is the txt I get:

So these guys came way under gunned for 10 tons of travertine. Long story short I was sweating bullets because the tile distributior was closed for the day, this three man "hauling" company obviously cannot move this stuff from the truck to my back yard and I though they may say let us come back Monday with a fork lift and more guys and ride off in the night with 6k of travertine never to be seen again.

So after talking about options and negotiating, they agreed to unload all of this by hand! Thank goodness they RENTED this truck and had to return it today and It wasn't THEIR truck. 6 hours later I have this:

According to the ring leader of the three stooges, about 20% of the tile in the dropped pallet broke. I told him we will settle up when I get back home. I figure a $500 delivery charge not paid will more than compensate me for $250 worth of travertine if he is correct about the amount broken.

What a day. Time for a beer.

:shock: and with my mouth dropping open when I saw the pic! It took me a min to figure out what they had done! DID they REALLY think they could do that?

PLEASE tell me that this is a common color/style that will be easy to replace!!!

Did the stone people recommend this "delivery group"? If so they need to know!

THANKS goodness your FIL was there and taking pics! HE should get more than a hug and beer! I see steak in his future!

WOW!

Kim

I found these guys in a crunch googling haulers. I told them what it was, how much it weighed etc..and they said no problem.

I was originally going to have my installer pick it up for a fee but he said it would take him a few trips and asked if I could have it delivered.

It is a stocked pattern so extra tiles should not be a problem thank goodness.

FIL will indeed be rewarded!

Oh what a pain!! Accidents happen especially when there is improper preparation. Geez. Thanks goodness your tile is a stock item. I have a feeling that you will handle this very well. Looking forward to seeing the outcome of this situation!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.