Be your own advocate

May 28, 2015
San Diego, Ca.
Having owned an IG 13K gal pool in So Cal for 20yrs, I've finally had enough of blindly following the recommendations from my local corp pool store. Nothing against the people working here, understandably their agenda is to keep the store open and pay their employees. Hey, and I own some/a lot of the blame for not seeking outside input, or on line self education such as this forum. By regularly checking in on the forum, and referring to pool school, believe the tools are here to become self sufficient at maintaining a properly balanced, healthy pool, and even save some money.

Welcome to the forum, and thank you for your honesty.

I say it often, Pool Stores are not all bad, but they exist in part because people simply refuse to learn a few basics on their own, or they have the misconception that treating a pool is somehow complicated and beyond their grasp. The exact opposite is actually true, but it does not behoove a PS to educate customers with the simple truths about common products that are the same chemicals they specialize in. Good to have you with us, and I hope you continue to enjoy the forum.