Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex Pool Cloudy

1. Back To Top    #1

Post Intex Pool Cloudy

Hi my family has an Intex above the ground pool that is 22' x 52" with a Saltwater generator. I have new done this before but have had so much trouble geting my pool going this year. Last year it was new and Intex B-cartridges worked great. This year they clog up after about an hour. From reading this site I have ordered two Unicel cartridges and skimmer socks and hope this helps. The pool chemical wise to good, it is just cloudy and can't filter it. We run the Salter Generator without a filter in just to keep the chemicals up. I will post in other forums for help. Thanks for your help so far.
    Shoregirl

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Introducing Myself

This is an Intex pool that holds 10,000 gallons that we left up over the winter and have cleaning out everything but still has a few leaves on the bottom. It is blue but cloudy. Just hoping new cartridges work.
    Shoregirl

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Re: Intex Pool Cloudy

Welcome to TFP

The first thing I would recommend is ordering a recommended test kit. The TF 100 is what I have others use the Taylor K2006.
    Read up on the SLAM process as well as the ABC's of Pool water chemestry in Pool School.

My pool was very cloudy and blue until I found TFP and followed their methods. You can read My SLAM process linked in my signature.
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process