Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Coleman vs Intex

1. Back To Top    #1

Coleman vs Intex

Recently saw that Coleman has gotten in the pool game and their setup looks very much like Intex, but price looks waaaay different. Anyone got any info on why such a difference in price?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Coleman vs Intex

Welcome to the forum Coach!

That's a popular question this summer. If you search around for the tag "Coleman" you should get some thread hits. Good luck, and enjoy your time on TFP!
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

Just wanted to say I took the plunge and bought a coleman pool this year... it's the one that looks just like the intex ultra frame ones. Just got done installing a hayward through wall skimmer on it and wanted to add that all of the hose connections on the coleman pool are the exact same size as the intex ones.

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

It looked to me that Coleman may have taken over the ProSeries brand, the uprights look the same, along with the filtration system.
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by syrkel2 View Post
    Just wanted to say I took the plunge and bought a coleman pool this year... it's the one that looks just like the intex ultra frame ones. Just got done installing a hayward through wall skimmer on it and wanted to add that all of the hose connections on the coleman pool are the exact same size as the intex ones.
    We've had an Intex Ultra Frame 16x48 for six years but it's too far gone to set up again this summer. The liner has dozens of patches in it, the ladder is broken and more than a few of the frame pieces are completely rusted to the point of disintegrating. I'm looking at the Coleman 16x48 as a replacement and wondered if we could keep the Intex saltwater system and hoses since they were replaced just two years ago and are still in good shape. Thanks for the info on the hose connections!

How does the Coleman liner compare to Intex? Same material quality and thickness as far as you can tell?

7. Back To Top    #7

They're made by BESTWAY, not intex. But, the fittings are the same as intex. The print on the liner looks good, something different for once.

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by yister View Post
    They're made by BESTWAY, not intex.
    I ended up going with the Intex Ultra Frame 18x48, but after looking at both closely in the store I can confirm this. The Coleman box is clearly marked "manufactured by Bestway."

9. Back To Top    #9

I also noticed that the 16x48 Coleman comes with a 1500gph pump as opposed to Intex (and all others) 16x48 coming with 1000 gph pumps. It was 18x48 & larger that the Intex (and others) come with the 1500 gph pumps
    16x48 Summer Escapes Pro-Series Above Ground frame pool, 5000 gal, Intex sand filter - Looking for heating solutions for AGPs

10. Back To Top    #10

We have an Intex Ultra Frame 22'x52" (frame only) and wondered if a Coleman 22'x52" pool liner will work with that frame. They look very similar, and I saw that the hose connections on both are the exact same size.

Quote Originally Posted by syrkel2 View Post

11. Back To Top    #11

TFP Guide

[QUOTE=rtrimble;1278011]We have an Intex Ultra Frame 22'x52" (frame only) and wondered if a Coleman 22'x52" pool liner will work with that frame. They look very similar, and I saw that the hose connections on both are the exact same size.
    [/youd have to check the diameter of the frame poles and make double sure the the "T" connections at the top rail would line up in the same place on both models.
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by rtrimble View Post
    We have an Intex Ultra Frame 22'x52" (frame only) and wondered if a Coleman 22'x52" pool liner will work with that frame. They look very similar, and I saw that the hose connections on both are the exact same size.

Are you me? This is exactly the same reason I'm here. I can't find the Model: A 22'x52" Intex liner and was looking at a Coleman

13. Back To Top    #13

We bought the Coleman 22x52 at 499.00 we wanted a large pool and could not find any in stock that size other than Coleman. It seems well constructed and the 2500 gallon pump has way more pressure and circulation than I could imagine. Liner had a motel pool look square images in different shades of blue water sparkles off it. We did but a over wall skimmer and a way better ladder.

14. Back To Top    #14

I have this exact pool. Can plunger closing valves be added to the"B" suction hoses? Instead of having to use the "plugs" that came with it to shut off the water flow for changing the cartridges?

15. Back To Top    #15

We got the Coleman 22x52 and after installing and tearing down to relevel, we love it. Highly recommend the 4 inch blocks under the posts for support. I did upgrade to a Hayward CC1000 catridge filter and pump because I didn't want to run the small one 24/7. Also for starters I have the over the side skimmer and am happy with it. Next step is a better ladder though because that thing is cheap.

16. Back To Top    #16

I have a bestway agp and love it. The brother in law has a smaller round one and its pretty nice.
    113,000L indoor saltwater pool built in 1981. 1000lb sand filter, filed with quartz with 2hp single speed pump.
    4602L indoor saltwater whirlpool built in 1981. 500lb sand filter with 2hp single speed pump. Both controlled by chemtrol250 and Hayward pro swg's.