Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need help with portable vacuum

1. Back To Top    #1

Need help with portable vacuum

Hello I am currently making a portable vacuum for my above ground pool. I have the pump and filter installed just need an idea of how to attach the vacuum hose to the pump and filter. Thank you fir the help

uploadfromtaptalk1432173801599.jpg
    Intex 12 by 24, Intex 2600 sand filter (soon to upgrade), deck under construction

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need help with portable vacuum

The inlet is easy. A bathroom sink tailpiece will thread into a threaded coupling and is just right to friction-fit a vacuum hose on. Alternately, Lowes sells these hose adaptors out with the pool stuff.

Tailpiece threaded into a coupling

Lowes hose barb
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you for the help =] So a simple friction fit Will work ?
    Intex 12 by 24, Intex 2600 sand filter (soon to upgrade), deck under construction

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by florentino View Post
    Thank you for the help =] So a simple friction fit Will work ?
    Yep. Go to Lowes and grab the plumbing and sneak out to the garden section where the pool stuff is and test fit it in a hose.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

Alrighty then you for all the help

6. Back To Top    #6

I can't tell you how many times I've looked like a lost pup or someone meditating out in space at Lowes and had a associate ask if I need help only to (and I've got it hemmed down now) reply, "jimmy-rigging.." And it's like a code they all understand. That place should advertise has a health and balance facility as well as many times I visit the same two aisles 50x.
    10k gallon 22' AG Vinyl, 2k got Cartridge Filter, Fresh water, BBB Method baby!

7. Back To Top    #7

Same here I tend to send lots of time looking at all the possibilities in all aisles

8. Back To Top    #8

If terrorists had Lowes overseas we'd be screwed.

Ok MODs, I'll put a shoe on this track to stop the derailing
    10k gallon 22' AG Vinyl, 2k got Cartridge Filter, Fresh water, BBB Method baby!