FC didn't shoot up like expected

Apr 3, 2015
Visalia CA
Yesterday I was at 0 FC and went and bought 12.5% from the store. The calculator said to add 136 oz to get it up to 10, my cya is 90-100. I just checked and I'm only at 4.4 FC and 0 cc. Should I just go to the calculator and put in current FC and goal again and add that amount and keep doing this until I reach the level needed?

Crystal clear. It's from the local pool store, deposit jugs. I came home last night and poured 136oz in.

When do I get CC? Is it when there's more than enough FC? Not sure I completely understand. CC is when it's being used and FC is what I have available? So shouldn't my readings have CC? I'm 4.4 FC and 0 CC.

Crystal clear. It's from the local pool store, deposit jugs. I came home last night and poured 136oz in.

When do I get CC? Is it when there's more than enough FC? Not sure I completely understand. CC is when it's being used and FC is what I have available? So shouldn't my readings have CC? I'm 4.4 FC and 0 CC.
Something might be growing in there. Keep adding until it holds.

I would probably aim for shock level. It is important not to let the FC drop below the minimum for your CYA level or whatever is consuming chlorine will grow and you will lose progress everyday. Chlorine CYA Chart. For CYA of 100 every time your FC drops below 7ppm you are inviting algae to your pool party.

You really need to lower the CYA, but the only way to do that is by draining part of the pool. As long as your CYA is high you will need to keep the chlorine (FC) level a a correspondingly high level.

Also in answer to your earlier question CC is not something you want to see in testing. It is a byproduct of the chlorine destroying organic matter in the pool. Any time the CC rises to 1.0 or above it indicates you have a problem.

Highly reccomended that you spend some time reading at Pool School. It's the button at the upper right of this page. It may seem a bit confusing at first but it's really all explained there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.