New Build - Spring TX

Got our pool heater gas hooked up, tried it out yesterday and it takes no time at all to get the Spa toasty.
Cleanup crew hauled off tke last of the construction trash.
Most of the extra dirt was moved behind the waterfall. Some still needs to stay to block our septic sprinkler while we wait for the permit to move it.
Got some more rock work done on waterfall. Balancing out design, sealing the cistern with hydraulic cement and leveling out the cistern overflow onto rocks.
Cap rocks lowered into place, but still loose.
Tried it out today, gets good flow over 4 of the 5 spillways. A little more fine tuning will resolve that.
Unfortunately the cistern still appears to leak out the back of the waterfall. Also the pressure line may have been damaged as there is some water coming out of it too.

Started building raised planter off side of deck. Moved some of the palms into place to work out their final positioning behind waterfall.
Battling the rain as it washed all the soil from around the edges of the deck. Can't get the turf in until all the soil is in place, and that won't happen until septic heads are moved.

Firepit finished.
DSC_6747.JPG

Waterfall still being tuned up.
DSC_6748.JPG

Positioning Palms
DSC_6752.JPG

Spa Spillway
DSC_6751.JPG

Deckside planter started (draft mode, we may make it begin further along deck)
DSC_6749.JPG

The erosion we are all dealing with, seems I fill it back up every day.
DSC_6750.JPG

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
What a great set-up. However, I can NEVER let my wife see this thread or I'm in big trouble and will have to build a fire pit. Don't forget to post directions to your place so we can all show-up for some cannonballs! Bwaaahaaaa. Wait, then she would see the fire pit. Never mind. :)

I just watched your waterfall video. It is unbelievable!! It may be the best pool waterfall I've ever seen - spectacular!

Your pool photos in post #23 are gorgeous. I've seen 3 different Blue Granite pools, and none of them looked that blue. On whatever screen /monitor you have, would you say the photo blue is close to how it looks in person? This selecting a pool finish is driving me nuts. :scratch: There are too many variables that impact the color. But the blue in those photos is exactly the blue I want. Thanks for sharing your fabulous pool! Suz.

Thanks Kim and Suz.
The waterfall was a vision we had and it's taken a long time to get it to flow just right.
It also plays into our plan to use it to cool the pool.
Being a sports pool with a lot of surface area we know it will heat up with our normal summers.
The more water we can get in the air in the early morning will help us drop the water temp a few degrees.

The color in the photos is a good match for the real thing.
These are morning pictures with shade over entire pool.
It does look different in full sun.
As we have been having some sun lately (Yay!) I'll take a couple of shots with the pool in full sun ans post them for you Suz.

I believe ya'll must have nailed your vision for the waterfall!! Again, it's magnificent! :bowdown:

That is so kind of you to post more photos of your pool in full sun. Thank you! Since I saw your photos, I've been keeping a close eye on the amount of shade on our pool. We have more than I thought. Still, the sun glares down a good part of the day from about noon to 5:00. Still thinking.... Thanks for your help! Suz.

Thank you, Ozdiver!! That is beautiful! So very kind of you to get some sunny shots and post them. I appreciate it tremendously.

I think your photos have pretty much sealed the deal. I'm curious about French Grey, but I don't think I will find one to see in person. I know we will be happy with the Blue Granite! Take care. Suz.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.