New Pool Build - League City, TX - Help and opinions welcome

5c030743462840106cfa87c67b5d462d.jpg
3ed053cf876c44feb110933712639a03.jpg
4b398c7b202193bfb914ccc52b79e392.jpg
5d4b6c955e4d65e9f92b125374945f08.jpg

Let the MUD begin!!!!!!!!!! It is really happening!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for how thick the gunite is I have always read 3". That is all the way around. The steel should be held off of the dirt by "dobies" I think they are called. That way the gunite can/will get under and all around the steel. That is what makes it strong. The steel should NOT be sitting ON the ground/dirt as that does not add strength to it.

So the 3" for the guinte would be from the top of the steel to the end of the gunite. When you are measuring to proper size of the different parts of your pool you will start at the top of the steel and go from there taking away 3" to account for the gunite if it is the bottom and taking away 6" (3" on each side) if you are measuring from side to side.

I hope this makes sense! LOL

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes, short stub is the plumbing. Because of work in August I will probably have move tile and coping back. But I think the pool portion should be finished no later than the 2nd or 3rd week of August. Plenty of time left in the Houston summer for swimming! The patio and outdoor kitchen probably won't be done until sometime in September. But I told the PB that I don't want to rush just to get it all done. I want to get it done the right way regardless of timing.

Steel guys came early this morning and were done by 2 and then I thought we were done for the day. Plumbers just showed up and got to work. Inspection was supposed to be Thursday and then gunite Friday, but maybe we could move it all up a day? I'll ask tomorrow. After all the painful waiting to get started we are blazing through getting this done! :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.