I am new here but after spending a day or so on this site, it seems like everyone is so friendly and genuinely sharing ideas and experience so I thought I would start a thread about my pool design process so far. I plan on updating this thread as the construction progresses.
At this time, I am still in design phase. In fact my house is still under construction. I plan on building the pool post closing of my house which is expected in late June, so I should break ground on the pool in July.
Below are some renderings to show you the pool design details. Be great to hear thoughts and suggestions.
- Basically its a geometric shaped pool
- Overall length of the pool is 33' and 18'6" wide
- 2 sun decks, 1 in shallow end and another in the deep end with a small swimout leading to the sun deck
- will have a bench running from sun deck to spa on the left side of the pool
- I have a 6'x6' spa that is infinity edged all around and raised 12" with 1 Pentair LED colored spa light
- pool depth will be 3'6" to 6'6"
- plan on using limestone/shellstone in french pattern for the deck and coping
- glass 1"x1" mosaic tile for the water line and the entire spa inside and exterior will be tiled
- 3 Pentair LED color lights
- 5 pool circulation returns
- 1 surface skimmer
- 2 main drains
- Florida stucco interior finish with silver pearl and added blue and glass beads
- 9 door and window alarms
- Pentair Intelliflo VS Pump
- Pentair 320 cartridge filter
- 320 Rainbow inline chlorinator
- 2hp Blower
- Pentair Ultra Temp 5 ton heat pump
- Pentair Mobil Touch wireless remote with spa side remote
- Pentair IC40 Salt Generator
- Mechanical Autofill
- 2 story pool screen enclosure with 20' screen walls
Few Questions I am hoping to get input on:
(1) is a salt water chlorinator worth the hassle with dealing with the system and possible repairs?
(2) how does the salt water impact/wear and tear on the pool deck? Limestone or Travertine?
(3) I have received two bids from two PB...one was around 95k and another was around 105-110k...I never knew pools cost this much. It doesn't seem like the pool design is over the top or I've added anything crazy but its still a ~100k pool! Thoughts on the pricing?
BELOW ARE PICS TO HOPEFULLY GIVE YOU A SENSE OF MY DESIGN...APOLOGIES AHEAD OF TIME THAT ACTUAL CONSTRUCTION PICS WONT START COMING UNTIL JULY.
Pool design (2D rendering):
3D Pool Design Renderings:
Glass Tile I will be using:
Few pics of the house under construction so you get a sense of the back yard: