Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Handheld pool vacuum recommendations

1. Back To Top    #1

Handheld pool vacuum recommendations

Hi,
    I'm looking at a battery operated handheld vacuum to get the fine dirt particles that collect where the walls and floors meet in our pool. Can anyone recommend one over the other? I have not had much luck finding current reviews. They all seem about 4+ years old. Thanks.
    30,000 gal Inground Vinyl Liner Dive pool,Tristar pump, Hayward C5025, SwimClear Cartridge Filter, HeatPro 250k btu gas heater, Hayward Aqua Plus Goldline with salt chlorine generation,
    Hayward Sense & Dispense. Not that I understand this stuff........

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Handheld pool vacuum recommendations

I just ordered this on. I will let you know how it works.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

The things we do for our pools eh? My pool is cleaner than inside of my house ever thought about being!
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Divin Dave View Post
    The things we do for our pools eh? My pool is cleaner than inside of my house ever thought about being!
    My pool is cleaner than the inside of my house too. I decided to get one of these so I can just vacuume it right up without dealing with hoses...lol I can see the bottome perfectly now so no need to have the auto cleaner getting caught on my ladder.
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

5. Back To Top    #5

Me too. I spend more time and money keeping this pool spotless than the house for sure.
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Azgirl71 View Post
    My pool is cleaner than the inside of my house too. I decided to get one of these so I can just vacuume it right up without dealing with hoses...lol I can see the bottome perfectly now so no need to have the auto cleaner getting caught on my ladder.
    LOL - I agree! And, I think the pool is easier to keep that way - you should see the paw prints across my floors thanks to the spring rains!

I was looking at the same model you've purchased - it looks like the new version is the iVac m3???? Did you look at that model as well?

Thanks again!
    30,000 gal Inground Vinyl Liner Dive pool,Tristar pump, Hayward C5025, SwimClear Cartridge Filter, HeatPro 250k btu gas heater, Hayward Aqua Plus Goldline with salt chlorine generation,

7. Back To Top    #7

I highly recommend that! On my second one!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

I did look at that one too, but decided for the money I would save getting the one I did I could get a silt sand and micro fiber bag with it...lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by woodyp View Post
    I highly recommend that! On my second one!
    The iVac m3 or the one I got?

Edited
    Never mind I see it is the same one I ordered
    Lisa

9. Back To Top    #9

TFP Guide

Vacuum has arrived and is now charging. I will get to use it around 3 pm since it has to charge for 4 hours. Plugged it in at 11am.

I will update on if I like it.
    Lisa

10. Back To Top    #10

A fine silt bag is your friend.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

11. Back To Top    #11

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by woodyp View Post
    A fine silt bag is your friend.
    I ordered that too. It will be here tomorrow or Tuesday
    Lisa

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by sdmeyer97 View Post
    Hi,
    I'm looking at a battery operated handheld vacuum to get the fine dirt particles that collect where the walls and floors meet in our pool. Can anyone recommend one over the other? I have not had much luck finding current reviews. They all seem about 4+ years old. Thanks.
    I have a pool blaster Catfish and the fine silt bag. I'm happy with it. The battery is the weak spot. You do need to run it way down - it gets to where it stops vacuuming worth beans but it still makes noise - and then unplug the charger when it says green. But it does pick up shingle grit well.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

13. Back To Top    #13

TFP Guide

Ok so I finally put the pool master max to use. It is easy to use. The bag that comes with it picks up well. I do have a fine silt bag on the way. Here is what the bag that came with it picked up. Which was sand some grass and debris. Pool floor now clean. Took me about 10 mins

Lisa

14. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by Azgirl71 View Post
    I just ordered this on. I will let you know how it works.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I have this same one! I love mine. A couple of hints...use the fine mesh filter it works much better. Also, I keep a jar of Vaseline just for my vac. I lube the opening every couple of times I use it. You cannot get any water inside the battery pack or it will kill it. I also only charge mine when I can keep an eye on it. I learned from research on here it will overcharge.
    16x32 IG rectangular 21,800k new vinyl liner 2014, Triton II TR 50 sand Filter, Pentair 3/4 hsp whisperflow pump, 3 returns, TF100 test kit w/speedstir. Maytronics s 300i robot.

15. Back To Top    #15

TFP Guide

Thanks for the tips! The fine mesh bag should be here today or tomorrow.
    Lisa

16. Back To Top    #16

I bought the pool blaster max yesterday for a very large gunite pool, almost 60,000 gallons. we opened the pool in late may and it has not been cleaned until June 26th, the pool was filthy but the "pool blaster max" did a great job of cleaning it, I did have to empty and wash the filter 4-5 times and in total it took about 1.5 hours to clean but with weekly cleanings I think I can get it down to 30 mins. overall good product for sub $200 price point.
    Pool:30x50 58,00 gallon gunite, SWG: Hayward with 40k T15 Cell.

17. Back To Top    #17

I ordered the Blaster CG as well and have used it once. Overall I think it's pretty good - I got it to clean my my tanning ledge and didn't realize my ledge isn't deep enough to use it since it has to be fully submerged....Oh well, I still think it will come in handy for the corners in the deep end.......

18. Back To Top    #18

I also have the poolblaster Max, I have the silt bag but still have to add a skimmer sock to it to pick up fine , seems to help a lot but plugs up easier.
    Just wish they would build these things with Lithium Ion battery's, they claim 1 hr run time, but after 15 min or so you can tell they chug along slower which makes pick up very weak.
    At least with Lithium they would instantly shut down when it reaches 20% charge left so your not wasting your time thinking its picking up when in fact your just stirring the fine silt and causing it to dissipate.
    Doughboy AG 16' x 32' oval, 13,700 gal.
    AquaView by Doughboy 150lb sand filter model 0-1709-20
    PowerLine pump by Doughboy model 0-3047-200, 1.5hp-single speed-20amp
    Gulfstream electric heater-HE125-R-A
    Taylor K-2006 test kit

19. Back To Top    #19

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by rajung View Post
    I also have the poolblaster Max, I have the silt bag but still have to add a skimmer sock to it to pick up fine , seems to help a lot but plugs up easier.
    Just wish they would build these things with Lithium Ion battery's, they claim 1 hr run time, but after 15 min or so you can tell they chug along slower which makes pick up very weak.
    At least with Lithium they would instantly shut down when it reaches 20% charge left so your not wasting your time thinking its picking up when in fact your just stirring the fine silt and causing it to dissipate.
    Mine is good for about 4-5 vacuuming sessions 10-20 mins each before I need to charge
    Lisa

20. Back To Top    #20

Quote Originally Posted by rajung View Post
    I usually get closer to 25 minutes of decent vacuuming and then a lot of noise without much vacuuming. I consider the poolblaster to be the carpet sweeper and the manual vacuum to be the real vacuum. The blaster is good for little piles of debris, but isn't big enough for the whole pool.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast