Questions about SWG conversion

The union threads are proprietary. The cell comes with a set that is a slip fitting for standard PVC pipe. I was saying you may not easily find an extra set of the male union threads that would be needed to make a dummy cell/pipe.

Im sure this is the incorrect place to ask this, but...

If I order the TAYLOR TECHNOLOGIES INC K-2006 TEST KIT COMP CHLORINE FAS-DPD, do i need to order and additional tests to check salt levels? I cannot tell from the websites...

Yes, there are salt strips or a Taylor drop based kit that I prefer.

Remember, the TF-100 is a better value. Costs a little more upfront, but gives you more of the reagents you need and thus is a better buy. Add the salt test at tftestkits.net and get free shipping.

So my package showed up yesterday. Pump is rebuilt and ready to install SWG. As I said earlier, I have a green pool and need to SLAM. Should I...

1) get the pool under control and clear, them add salt & activate SWG.

-or-

2) Add salt and have SWG running 24/7 until water is stabilized, then get the SWG set to maintain?

So, i don't have the proper test kit and would like to get things up-and-running ASAP. I see many opinions not to trust the pool stores water test, as they are just trying to sell product. I can test for chlorine, Ph, and salt. My local pool store prints out the results of the test, would you trust that enough to get on the right track, chemically? (until a proper kit arrives). Basically, using the results of the pool water test to make my own determination on how much and what needs adjusted?

Forgive my lack of know-how on the subject. Upon inheriting the pool when we bough our house three years ago, my pool care routine was a chlorine puck floater, and dumping bags of shock in once or twice a year if it got cloudy & green. Thats it, checked Ph and figured it was good if it was "close enough". Never tested anything else.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
They are just not accurate. I bought a brand new bottle of test strips prior to getting my TF 100 and they always said everything was low. However once my kit arrived and I tested there was a huge discrepancy between the strips and the TF 100 readings.

I would add the bleach to the pool ASAP and keep the pump running 24/7. Clear the pool up first, than install the SWG. If all you have is the test strips for now, they are better than nothing. When checking your Chlorine level the strip will only show "High" and be dark purple in color. In a nut shell, SLAM immediately.

Using the Pool Math, and assuming my FC is zero (12,000 gal pool), ours saying to only add 127 oz. Of 8.25% bleach... Something doesn't sound right about that? Trying to figure or how many jugs to get so I don't have to make multiple trips to the store

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.