Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Found the leak! Now what?

1. Back To Top    #1

Found the leak! Now what?

In-ground fiberglass hybrid (25K gal), Raypak Natural Gas, Hayward S-244S Sand filter, AquaRite SWG
    NE Indiana TF-100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Found the leak! Now what?

That's almost a cut the concrete and replace. I doubt that epoxy would hold up for very long on that large a crack.
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

You could try JB weld. I have seen some pretty weird stuff done with it. It might get you thru a season, but Charlie pretty much nailed it.
    Unknown make 18' above ground (bought used in 1999) Sparco sand filter. Hayward 100,000 BTu heater. 2 speed pump

4. Back To Top    #4

Not in a very good spot to get to it to really flow epoxy in there well. The cleaner that you can get it the better and maybe lay a patch over the epoxy???

You can try it but I do think that you will end up replacing sooner rather than later.

30x20 vinyl IG, Hayward SD60 with Pentair Dynamo 340219 2HP pump, Compupool CPSC24 SWG, Hayward H200FDN heater. APC automatic pool cover.
    Central Illinois

5. Back To Top    #5

Is it fiberglass? If it is, fiberglass mat and resin would fix it.
    36' x 18' 20k in ground, Finest Finish grey plaster, Pentair Tagelus 100D sand filter, Hayward Northstar 2hp pump, Jandy LRZ125EN heater, spill over spa, iaqualink controlled automation, Stenner chlorination, natural rock and flagstone coping, 1" glass mosaic waterline tile, SR Smith Vortex slide.

6. Back To Top    #6

I am sure the skimmer is just plastic. Had a guy out that put the epoxy putty on it. Trying that at first and see it it holds
    In-ground fiberglass hybrid (25K gal), Raypak Natural Gas, Hayward S-244S Sand filter, AquaRite SWG
    NE Indiana TF-100 test kit