New pool, Manor, Texas

I love your pool design! Beautiful! Your dig and rebar look great. I'm sorry about the damaged sprinkler, fence and lawn. Ahhhhh, the casualties of pool building. Not to mention the dirt and dust tracking inside the house, the loss of privacy, and now having to use a rainbow water sprinkler (how spoiled are we?!!!!) for the front yard until the irrigation is hooked back up! I've been patient about all of this for almost 3 months. It's just beginning to bug me a little. With the better weather lately, your build should go more quickly. Thanks for sharing your build with us all. Take care. Suz.

Thanks, Suz!
Yes, my husband keeps thinking I should be happy. [emoji3]
Of course, I am! But it makes me nervous watching the green grass turn to mud. I'm not sure how my neighbors feel. And I know it will be great when we are finished. But it's the limbo. I do think we have made great progress. Inspectors are coming soon and then hoping to start gunite by Wednesday or Thursday. It will look like a pool then. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Folks rarely overestimate the collateral damage. Take solace in not being alone. I remember my builder saying "three weeks and some grass seed and it will look great. Grass is easy to replace". Easier with sod. Other damage is more of a hassle. As is the inconvenience.
Your builder did the return/skimmer plumbing like ours- in the gunite pool walls. Not the best if there's an issue but life's too short to worry about it.

Yes, I mentioned to my husband that I hope it doesn't leak. We plan to resod the grass. We lost a hedge. And our driveway looks really bad. I'm just ready for the construction to be behind us so we can begin repairing the mess. [emoji3]

Ahhhhh, Jannylee! I don't think you'd even make the top 5 for the worst messes! I still see blades of grass!

I hate to give you bad news, but there's probably more messes to come. But as Bmore said, you're not alone. Misery loves company. Just come here and we'll console you! We know what you're going through. Take care! Suz.

This is a nice one for sure!

I would leave in the inline chlorinator just for weekend trips and such. So long as you know what the pucks do to your water it is okay to use them.

Do you already have your test kit on order? It is never too early LOL.

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ahhhhh, Jannylee! I don't think you'd even make the top 5 for the worst messes! I still see blades of grass!

I hate to give you bad news, but there's probably more messes to come. But as Bmore said, you're not alone. Misery loves company. Just come here and we'll console you! We know what you're going through. Take care! Suz.

Yes, misery does love company, Suz! I'm really thankful I found this forum, or I would have really been stressed. In all fairness, the PB did tell us this would happen, albeit it was a bit sugar coated. [emoji57]
I'm hoping it moves quickly. It's only been 10 days since they began. I really hope it doesn't last 90.
Our weather channel has rain forecast for the next several days between 20-60%. The PB says if it rains too much, the walls could cave before gunite. I woke up to rain at 2 am. Our grounds are pretty saturated from the heavy rains which brought on the flooding earlier on Memorial Day in the Austin area. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed and praying that all goes well. Haven't looked outside yet to see how the pool has fared.

Folks rarely overestimate the collateral damage. Take solace in not being alone. I remember my builder saying "three weeks and some grass seed and it will look great. Grass is easy to replace". Easier with sod. Other damage is more of a hassle. As is the inconvenience.
Your builder did the return/skimmer plumbing like ours- in the gunite pool walls. Not the best if there's an issue but life's too short to worry about it.

Yes, I see it is done differently by some. I hope it doesn't cause any issues later on. This company builds lots of pools and is reputable, so I felt they would do an awesome job. So far everything is contracted out. But we knew that going in. But knowing and truly understanding is two different things.

I think having the rebar puts your dig in better shape than without rebar. Would putting tarps over the site be helpful? Our gunite was shot in the rain - not continuous downpour rains, but light to medium intermittent rains. When they finished the gunite, the crew immediately covered the entire area with tarps. Your PB may even have tarps you can use. Maybe the experts here can answer if tarping the dig would be helpful. I would think so.

I can't say for the Austin area, but around Cypress (Houston area), the rains have been more spotty unlike the weeks of unending rain and downpours. I hope that's what you're getting in Manor. Keeping fingers crossed for you guys! Suz.

d3a98323bfed6a4eb95c601156e95d77.jpg

Looks like they laid a prefabricated slab on top of your grass and set the equipment on it.
If that is true I would be having a few words with PB.
The grass will decompose, the slab will sink and the pipes will crack.

IF they reset your equipment, having no gap between the slab and house means you wont have a difficult strip of grass to cut.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.