12" of rain in 7 days and counting

stev32k

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2009
Mobile, Alabama
It started raining here 7 days ago and is coming down right now. It has not been continuous, but it has rained every day. In total I've had to pump 12" of water out of the pool and will likely pump out about 3" or 4" today. Twelve inches in my pool is about 6,000 gallons and that is a lot of water.

I had to shut off the liquidator on Tuesday because there has been no sunshine to speak of and the free chlorine was getting too high. I'm surprised that the chemical balance has not really changed much. The TA and CYA have dropped a little but not enough that I need to add anything. The 280 is keeping the pool clean and the water is still as clear as clean glass. When I shut off the liquidator the FC was 6 ppm. This morning it is down to 2.5 so I started adding a little.

It's a shame we can't send some of this rain to California. They are in extreme drought conditions and we have flash flood warnings out.

I wish we had it here, I could so use a foot of rain in my pool. Unfortunately, that would flood us. We just aren't engineered for it, and there is nowhere for it to go, to speak of. Pretty flat and normally dry, but we have had a wet winter and spring compared to the last several years.

It takes a lot of water to change things in a big pool, and it's always a good reminder for people to see this. and inch or two of rain does virtually nothing to a pool even though the myth seems persistent that it does. Great post!

We've been in drought in Dallas since 2011 or so. It has been raining like a fool here too. The lake by us went from down 12' to down 3' since Jan or Feb. I can't keep up with mowing the yard! And I might have to actually go mow some pastures for the first time in years! Can't even see the dogs out there anymore.

Even I had to drain water last week! It poured and poured... Even had a tornado warning!

Draining the pool is easy with all the rain we have had. My problem is my front yard grass is getting out of control. It sits low so I have to give it at least three days after rain or I just end up with huge ruts from the wheels. Still waiting for three days.....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.