Centerville, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
I was looking at everyone's Pool Builds and I didn't really see any that listed the Pool Builder. Is it Taboo? I checked the rules forum and didn't see anything about it.

It is not taboo, but it is better not to for a while just in case you have issues and want to complain about it (a little). :)

References to your named pool builder should only be positive and since you don't really have any experience with them yet there isn't really anything positive to report. If toward the end of the build you are very happy with your PB and want to pass that info on to other TFPers then feel free. We cannot have wars between PBs and customers happening on TFP, that will get you banned, quick. But, I've only seen it once.

It's best not too incase it goes bad. This causes more problems than you would think. If it does, we end up as referees with no choice but to close a thread. No one wants their build thread shut down. It's far too much work and time to have it closed.

Maybe not, but you'll be the first. Hopefully they will be minor. Keep communications very clear with expectations, and ask questions. Get changes in writing, and be clear about what you want. Don't leave things to chance of assuming they understand you. Make certain they do.

Sunbaby,
building a pool is a lot of work and there is a LOT of things that will not come to light until it happens. The old saying that whatever can happen will happen is true in the pool construction too. Im sure though that whatever it is, wont be intentional. The main thing is to be able to tell your PB what it is you want, and understand what it is he;s proposing to give you. So, communication is the key to avoiding a lot of pitfalls.

Whatever might happen though, its important to work in a positive way with the PB to work it out. Negativity never solves anything.. it just makes things worse.

That makes sense.

P
lease, oh please, oh please! Do NOT let me have problems!!!!!

I am an incurable optimist . . . but I do find I have a difficult time spelling out exactly what I want - I need to work on that!

Don't mistake me for being negative or pessimistic. A pool is a big and pretty complex project, so it's just hard to pull one off without a hitch. Quite possible that any of those will be minor. It will all come out well, in the end if you stay up with it. If you have questions before something is about to be done, don't be afraid to get clarification and have questions answered before it happens.

AND there's two side to everything. There are people out there with crazy expectations who don't communicate well and are a nightmare to work for and unfortunately you don't find out until after something they thought or assumed was to be down isn't and it's down hill from there.

Not referring to you Sunbaby ;) I've had customers like that who asked for me to do "A" to their car and expected "B".

I was referring to myself as an optimist- I tend to think people are inherently good & trying to do their best! For the most part I don't get disappointed. But I do see a huge need to spell out all the details in something like this - I'm on task! Making a list of discussion points for my next meeting right now! Thanks for all the advice!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.