Pump losing it's prime

I had my pool opened by a pool company last week, and all was functioning and working well for a couple of days. Last time I started the pump, it started running as normal, and I purged the air out of the system with the purge valve on top of my sand filter. Everything seemed okay, but once the water level hit the top of the skimmer basket just prior to the pump itself, the water level immediately dropped and the pump lost prime and could not regain it. I thought that the O-ring around the clear plastic lid to the basket was the culprit, as the pump would occasionally spit water out of that last year, so I replaced it and lubed the heck out of everything with silicone pool lube. I'm still having the same problem, the pump functions until the water level reaches that plastic lid and then drops and the pump loses prime. The lid looks perfectly fine, no visible cracks or damage. I went ahead and added a thin layer of lube to the inside surfaces of the lid, which did nothing but make a huge mess. Not sure what to do at this point, any help would be appreciated as my pool desperately needs to be filtered!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.