Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pad for equipment

1. Back To Top    #1

Pad for equipment

The PB is here today putting in all the equipment. They are putting it on a hard type plastic pad. For some reason I envisioned it would be on a concrete pad. How is it usually done?
    1200 Sq Ft 41,000 Gal. Gunite, JANDY SVRS VS pump, JANDY JXI 400,000 BTU, Polaris 280 w/ 3/4 BP, Rockwall and Grotto (w/6 jets and blower), 2 JANDY Lam Jets, 2 LED Bubblers, 5 Ledlights, AQUALINK P16 RS, 90% Quartz, SWF 185 GMP BP, SWF 125 BP, Levelor K1100 Autofill, AP Digital SWG, 2 skim and 5 returns, and mostly 3 inch piping

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pad for equipment

I guess this is something new to me. Usually it's a concrete pad.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

X2, usually concrete.
    20X36 IG vinyl (18,000 gal), 3 sheer descents, Max-Flo 1.5hp VS 2300, Aquarite T15 SWG, C3030 filter, 250,000 BTU heater, Sharkvac XL (Hayward equip)

4. Back To Top    #4

Concrete is most common, but you do see plastic pads from time to time. Plastic often has problems with filters. The filter weighs a great deal and you need something fairly solid to hold it up. They do make plastic pads strong enough for smaller filters, but I haven't seen one that can stand up to the larger filters we often recommend.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Im getting a 560 Cartridge filter which looks pretty large to me. Unfortunately, nothing I can do about i now.
    1200 Sq Ft 41,000 Gal. Gunite, JANDY SVRS VS pump, JANDY JXI 400,000 BTU, Polaris 280 w/ 3/4 BP, Rockwall and Grotto (w/6 jets and blower), 2 JANDY Lam Jets, 2 LED Bubblers, 5 Ledlights, AQUALINK P16 RS, 90% Quartz, SWF 185 GMP BP, SWF 125 BP, Levelor K1100 Autofill, AP Digital SWG, 2 skim and 5 returns, and mostly 3 inch piping

6. Back To Top    #6

That is a big filter. Make sure it is level to start with and check periodically to make sure it stays level, if not call PB to fix it. Especially if the filter is on one side or the other.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

7. Back To Top    #7

I have a rubberized pad under my heat pump , no problems with it.I think it was originally made for ac condensing units.I seem to remember an ad on the internet for a complete line of pads for pool equipment.
    16x32 vinyl ig with foxguard steel walls,gli liner ,hayward de filter,hayward heatpro heat pump,hayward colorlogic 4.0 led.pentair circular weir skimmers.hayward sharkvac xl robot,gli mesh cover.polk atrium speakers,sonos music system.erie pa.

8. Back To Top    #8

I have plastic pads also. No issue going into 3rd year with anything moving or settling. They put the pool heater also in a plastic pad right next to the existing one so it looks good and also no issues. It was well leveled and installed so I'm sure that helps.
    We also had all our HVAC heat pumps replaced and plastic pads for those also without any issues a few years in.
    18x30 Freeform In-ground Vinyl Lined. 11,500 gallons.
    4 returns, 2 skimmers, 2 main drains.
    Hayward TriStar 1hp 2-Speed Pump. Hayward S244T Filter.Hayward Goldline Panel + SWG.
    Polaris 280 cleaner. AquaComfort 75k BTU Heatpump
    TF-100

9. Back To Top    #9

Good to know.

Thanks