water chemistry

nlindelldc

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 21, 2015
Corpus Christi, Texas
So I'm getting a SWG and the chemistry recommendations of the manufacturer (Autopilot) differ slightly from the recommendations on this site. Most notably, TFP recommends CYA 70-80 and FC at 5-8 while Autopilot recommends CYA of 30-50 with FC between 2-4.

Any thoughts on this?

So I'm getting a SWG and the chemistry recommendations of the manufacturer (Autopilot) differ slightly from the recommendations on this site. Most notably, TFP recommends CYA 70-80 and FC at 5-8 while Autopilot recommends CYA of 30-50 with FC between 2-4.

Any thoughts on this?

I wouldn't run the CYA lower than 40-50 in TX.(with a SWG, I'd run 70-80) The higher CYA recommendation will yield better protection for the FC from the sun...which will mean your SWG will run less...which will make it last longer.

FC, use the FC/CYA chart. remember that the relationship is extremely important.

In TX, you want the higher CYA level for more protection of the FC from the sun. This will make the SWG cell last longer as well since it will not have to work as hard.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.