New pool build in Houston, TX

WOW! The color is gorgeous!!!!!! I am giddy! I am getting Blue Granite too! Did you add any of the Abalone to it? It is so AWESOME! LOVE that pool!

I want some night time pics with the lights!

The pool is 36x14ft. I don't think I would want it any narrower. Our choice was to squeeze it in between the house and the easement at the back of the lot, or not have a pool at all. We're very happy with the result. According to the builder, the pool holds 19.2k gallons. According to my math based on the depth profile, it's 14.4K. I've been using 15K in PoolMath and the numbers are right on.

Wendy: We love the Blue Granite. We did not add the shells. The lights at night really transform the pool. All I have right now is a grainy cellphone picture:

Love the mosaic glass tile. Debating between this exact tile and the vidrepur glass moon tile. Would you mind taking a few close ups of the tile in the sunlight? Be super helpful. It's hard for me deciding tile while while picking out materials via the Internet. Thanks so much.

I didn't think the water looked green before, but you were right ... It's even prettier now! What depth is your pool and spa? I really like how the blue granite pebble sheen looks in your pool and want to see if it will look the same in ours.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I think we're changing from concrete pavers to travertine for our deck. So I checked back in your thread, and you said both the decking and coping are light walnut. But.... in the pictures your coping looks lighter than the decking. Is it just the picture and my monitor? I like the contrast between the coping and deck. Thanks! Suz.

I'm curious if you also looked at the Arctic Ocean color before selecting the Lagoon. Your selection is beautiful and matches your pool perfectly. I'm still on the hunt for a glass tile for my in-pool spa that will matches the dark blue pebble colors.

Suz: both coping and decking are light walnut travertine. The coping is a bit lighter and that is because different batches of natural stone vary slightly in color. The amount of contrast depends on the amount of sunlight.

Spool: we looked at a lot of glass tile options, including the Ocean color but we liked the lagoon better. Ocean was too dark for us.

Thanks for letting me know about the walnut travertine. I've seen at different tile stores how the same color name can vary greatly. In your case, it worked out beautifully!!! But whatever we use for decking, I want a contrast between the deck and the coping. My coping is Torreon (I think aka Classic). If we go with Travertine, I think it would be better to select a bit darker color rather than hope for a different batch to give me the contrast. Any better suggestions! Take care. Suz.

I don't remember photos of your pool from that view/direction. When I opened your thread, I thought you had posted a picture of a resort pool! No joke! Need I say more?

Appelbe, you just keep on raising that bar! Fabulous!
Suz.

Your pool is marvelous!
So my wife told me this evening that she wants a couple of "short palm trees" for the landscaping. I have no clue what she is talking about...and then I see your pic. Is that one of those in your landscaping? If so may I ask what it is called?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.