New pool build in Houston, TX

What a difference water makes!!!! (Even green, although on my monitor, it looks like the Blue Granite pools I've seen. And the removal of all the deck protective coverings doesn't hurt either! Your pool is exquisite! All the materials go so well together - truly compliment each other. The design lines are so well stated. (not sure how to describe what I mean).

Looking at your Travertine deck, I'm almost heartsick. I decided yesterday that I just don't have the expanse of decking to make the best use of Travertine's traits, but it is gorgeous. I'm going to have to use much smaller pavers. The Blue Granite is perfect with the design and surroundings. It even looks great in the rain!! Your pool and deck have that "Wow" factor. Bravo and Congrats! Enjoy all the hard work! Take care! Suz.

Thanks for the kind comments. The travertine deck and coping are light walnut. We were warned that our tap water would be very green-yellow. Startup was yesterday, and I'll post some pictures once the true Blue Granite colors appear. Irrigation repair, sod and landscaping are next.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Every time I see your pool, I love it more and more. The water color is wonderful! It is so clear - you must be doing a super job with your water maintenance. Way to go! Thanks for the new pictures!! Take care. Suz.

P.S. It's wonderful to see the sun again, isn't it?! Well, right this minute at our house.... I'm hoping you were ok from last night's flooding. We're good, but we do get a bit surrounded with flooded areas due to Cypress Creek at Grant, Eldridge, and Cypresswood. Usually we can get out using Louetta, but I haven't been out yet to verify.

Beautiful !! What color stacked stone did you use on the wall ? Your light walnut deck is so pretty. Trying to decide between that and tiramisu. Of course we haven't even begun ��. I know our pb is behind with all the rain we've had. So maybe in another week they'll start. Btw who is your builder ? Enjoy your pool !!!

Suz: we were okay. Thanks for asking! The pool got quite full as the overflow drain struggled to keep up, but the water stayed about an inch below the coping. All this rain makes it challenging to learn my pool's chemistry, but the TF-100 combined with PoolMath is great. I'm hearing reports of Cypress Creek flooding after this morning's line of weather. Hope you're okay!

According to the OP's signature, it is a 14.4k gal pool.

Awwwwww..... He's a newbie! Give him time. And besides that, Zirk may have wanted the length, width, and depths!! (Welcome Zirk!). (and me, a member for just over a month! Just call me old timer! Well, old would be correct.... It took me 3 weeks to figure out what "bump" meant!!!) Take care! Suz.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.