Pool has been unused at least 2 years....

I like that tile! I hope you can find all of the pieces!

That is some pool roof! Good luck getting rid of it!

When will you have power? We were able to have our turned on the day we closed on our foreclosed house. We got lucky!

Kim

I so understand being scared to turn it on BUT you need to so you can make sure it all works before you put new water in.

Take a picture of your equipment and let us know what kind of everything you have and we can help you know how it works.

Kim

Got it and looked at them. I say make sure there is water in the basket before the pump and that it flows if you take off the lid. I would also see if there any cut off valves. I do not think I see any. I have my pool set up where I can shut the valves so that I can open my pump basket and filter without dumping my water below my skimmer and return.

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Are you referring to the plumbing going into the pump basket? That is the suction side of the plumbing and yes 1 pipe is probably skimmers and 1 is main drain. If there are 3 pipes it could be 1 skimmers, 1 suction cleaner and 1 drain. Or it could 2 skimmers and 1 drain.

Returns are the pipes going out of the filter and returning water back to the pool, with eyeballs on them.

Also, there are two valves on the return. I can only assume one is skimmer and one is the main drain.

Yea, those are suction valves. Returns mean return to the pool, not the pump. One is to skimmer/drain OR one skimmer and one drain most likely. How many skimmers are there? If just one, it is likely one skimmer and one drain valve.

I can see one skimmer, the pool still has that awful cover on it. We haven't decided the logistics of removing the massive structure yet. Unfortunately we have had to spend more time on the house than planned... But things are looking up, hopefully I can start to tackle the yard and pool soon. I will be forced out of the house when the floor guys come, they have been bumped a week though.

For the amount of lumber and mesh Fanny Mae and Freddie mac use on those "safe" foreclosure pool coverings, which invariably rust right into the pool, I wonder if they wouldn't be better off financially speaking to just order a winter safety cover ;)

I do look forward once you get started (though I understand why you might not feel the same ;))

Well, my wife convinced one of the guys on the construction crew to come remove the pool cover on Thursday. SO, one less thing I have to do! I might just run this thing with cracks and get it fixed over the winter. It has two, and well, whatever. Unless it is just obscenely damaged under the water, I want something to sit in and sip a cold beer. The spay might be history though. I haven't even tried to fill it up to see if it runs, but I will once I get the power back to it. If it heats and the pump works, it will find its way to the lists of craigs.

So 6 cracks, some staining, lots of staining and one pin hole. The A/C guys where arguing over if it was 10 feet or 12 feet deep. Either way, its deep.

1 snake and 1 bullfrog managed their way back in or never left.

Pool light is toast, all jets are toast.

It is filling up now, it holds water, I think I am going to start using it since it has been difficult to get someone to want to quote a quality pool repair. If there is a PB in the Baton Rouge, Louisiana area, feel free to contact me.

I will hit it with a manual vac tomorrow, might pump some water out from the deep end, couldn't get every leaf and bit of dirt out. Of course the storms added more leaves to the pool. Towards the end we started using dilution to clean the pool. We would fill up/pump out/fill up/pump out to get the decomposed crud out.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.