Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aqua Logic Problems

1. Back To Top    #1

Aqua Logic Problems

Alright, I have soldered the K1 twice and it worked for a short while. Any other suggestions? Would the change to a 15 amp fuse help? What are the normal readings for amps and volts?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Aqua Logic Problems

I tried the 15 amp fuse and still get a high amps/salt reading. I have tried 3 different salt chlorinators and get the same error message. I may just go to a chlorine pool.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Silver Spring, MD

High amps could be caused by a short inside the cell or the cell cable.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4
    Pleasanton, CA

Or a salt level that is too high. What are the Volts and Amps reading right before it alarms. You can use the + button while in diagnostics mode to reset the unit. Normal ranges are 24-26v and 3-8 amps. Above 8 amps and the unit will alarm.
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump and Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, 1/2 HP 2sp pump, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater, ThePoolCleaner

5. Back To Top    #5

Make sure that the correct cell type is selected in the menu.

Also, high water temperature, especially if the cell is after a heater, can sometimes cause a high salt/amps fault.