Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Interesting paper on the merits of borates

1. Back To Top    #1

Sydney - Australia

Interesting paper on the merits of borates

I cam across this.

Apologies if this has already been posted.
    7,500 IG pool in Sydney, Australia
    - Fully tiled in black mosaics
    - Waterco S600 25" sand filter and Onga StaRite silent flow 1Hp single speed pump
    - Zodiac TriMid SWG
    - Zodiac MX-8 cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Interesting paper on the merits of borates

Full of great information, including a few I didn't know. I didn't notice anything I disagreed with. However, it is extremely technical.

They recommend borates up to 200 ppm for PH buffering. At the moment I don't think that is a really good idea, but it is worthy of further consideration.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    East Texas

chemgeek should enjoy chewing on that!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Elverson Pa.

Quote Originally Posted by woodyp View Post
    chemgeek should enjoy chewing on that!
    I'm sure he'll love to chew on that and share his thinking on it.
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Longview, Texas

chem geek rocks!
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge. Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

6. Back To Top    #6

San Rafael, CA USA

This has already been referenced in this post, this post, and this post. The author wrote in this post and I responded in detail to the article in subsequent posts in that thread.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"