Bleach Prices 2015

Thats the Corson's I use. They put out at least 2 coupons in the mail this summer. I asked the neighbors if they were going to use theirs, so I have a small supply. Last saturday, they even took an expired one. I'd certainly try to use the coupon from above. Worst they can say is no.

If no coupon, it's $3.75 a gallon (128oz) for 12.5% versus $2.94 at Walmart for 121oz of 8.25%. With 12.5% you're getting about 1/3 more available chlorine. So, still cheaper. In basic testing, theirs shows it pretty fresh. If possible, keep it in an inside laundry room - not in the garage or outside. You do have to get it on 4 gallon lots.

Awesome, I'll give that a shot! I'll see if I can find somewhere to store it inside....That sounds like a better option for when I'm more on maintenance. My walmart sale (2 gal 10% at 6.50) has been good for my SLAM right now. I'll try the coupon too....In the mail was it in the random ads or one of those in the envelopes? I'll have to start keeping an eye out.

It was a random ad addressed to "Pool Owner". First one in mid April was for "Hayward Days", next was mid-late June. Ask when you go if they have any extra or are doing another mailing.

Good luck with completing your SLAM soon!

Yes, the Ocean Odd Job Lot Store (Exit 109) off Garden State Parkway, 1.5 miles heading East on right hand side, sells the 12.5% at $3 and it is fresh. A lot of the gallons did not have the date stamped. I did find some in the back of the store with the date and it is only about 2-4 weeks at max. It keeps getting better and better. The Pool Stores sell it for $6 (Leslie's and other's). Found a pool store for $5. Purchased a lot at a discount for $4 and now $3. Very convenient as well. You can stop 3X for the whole summer and have fresh bleach. Target has fresh 8.25% at $3 per gallon. It makes more sense to get the 12.5%, if used within 4-8 weeks.

If anyone knows other places in NJ, please post.

Does anyone know if this liquid chlorine is of quality? I stopped in with my friend yesterday (The NJ Store) and he purchased 8 cases of 4 gallons in each. The box did not have a stamp on it. The gallons had nothing either. There were a few gallons in the back that had smudges on them. Odd Job claims the shipment is not older than 1 week. I called the phone # on the bottle and only an answering machine picked up (Bit strange). 401.766.8700 (Sounds like a company in Woonsocket, RI). Left message, but no return phone call. Remember reading that Odd Job has shipments from 3 different vendors. Called again today and same answering machine.

I mentioned to my friend who is a TFP follower and has his own TF-100 test kit to watch the levels closely every few days to make sure that the levels are high enough. At this point, we do not know that time and date on the stamp. It was $3 a gallon, which is a steal here in NJ for 12.5%. Any thoughts.

Company is Amco, Inc. Established in 1992 and seems legitimate.

Last edited:
I have already bought 7 case's from them this summer and it's the real deal. it seems to the best source here in the North east
+1

I've been buying my chlorine from OSJL all season, no issues at all.

I check FC 30 min after the first addition from each new bottle and my FC has always been where expected.

Dom

There were a few gallons in the back that had smudges on them. Odd Job claims the shipment is not older than 1 week. I called the phone # on the bottle and only an answering machine picked up (Bit strange). 401.766.8700 (Sounds like a company in Woonsocket, RI). Left message, but no return phone call. Remember reading that Odd Job has shipments from 3 different vendors. Called again today and same answering machine.

See my earlier post on this. OSJL has a very high turn over rate, and they seem to rotate shipment from three diffident sources. Amco assured me via email that their shipments to OSJL are always within days of the manufacture date.

BTW I have bought 15 cases from OSJL this year so far.

See my earlier post on this. ODJL has a very high turn over rate, and they seem to rotate shipment from three diffident sources. Amco assured me via email that their shipments to OSJL are always within days of the manufacture date.

BTW I have bought 15 cases from OSJL this year so far.
Last night I picked up a couple of gallons from OSJL in East Haven CT and they are marked 8/10.

Dom

Does anyone know if this liquid chlorine is of quality? I stopped in with my friend yesterday (The NJ Store) and he purchased 8 cases of 4 gallons in each. The box did not have a stamp on it. The gallons had nothing either. There were a few gallons in the back that had smudges on them. Odd Job claims the shipment is not older than 1 week. I called the phone # on the bottle and only an answering machine picked up (Bit strange). 401.766.8700 (Sounds like a company in Woonsocket, RI). Left message, but no return phone call. Remember reading that Odd Job has shipments from 3 different vendors. Called again today and same answering machine.

I mentioned to my friend who is a TFP follower and has his own TF-100 test kit to watch the levels closely every few days to make sure that the levels are high enough. At this point, we do not know that time and date on the stamp. It was $3 a gallon, which is a steal here in NJ for 12.5%. Any thoughts.

Company is Amco, Inc. Established in 1992 and seems legitimate.
I purchased 2 cases of LC from OSJL in Gales Ferry CT early last week. It was bottled in mid-July.
20150815_175547_zpsmil9yee8.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Walmart @ $2.94 for 121 oz of 6% or 8.25% is more expensive than the 10% Kem-Tek pool chlorine you can get at Home Depot or Lowes. They both charge $6.86 for 2 gallons, and you'll get 10% off if you can show them anything to verify you are in the military or a vet ($6.17 for 2 gallons of 10%).

The Pool Guys in Saratoga, CA, have a coupon online for the following deal for HASA, 12.5%:

Buy 6 gallons, get 2 gallons free. 4 gallons per crate, $6 deposit per crate so that is an additional $12.

The 6 gallons is $28.34 (30.82 was the price he gave me including 8.75% tax) so that works out to a tad north of 22 cent/%-oz.

Coupon expires 9/5/15 (a Saturday) but it is unclear to me if one could use the coupon on THAT day.

Easy $15 at Leslies. Update your pool profile for $10 (two $5 coupons) and take a sample in for testing for $5. The coupons get emailed to you within 24 hours. Get $15 in chlorine or something else you need. I used mine for acid that I price matched to NPS for $6.39 for two cartons of two 1-gallon jugs and silcon grease.

I'd been buying at Sam's but they keep raising the price. Cheapest place in Texas seems to be Target now. Very current date codes, $2.92 minus 5% with cartwheel app, minus 5% using their card. $2.62 for 121oz of 8.25% isn't bad. Buy what you need when you need it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I'd been buying at Sam's but they keep raising the price. Cheapest place in Texas seems to be Target now. Very current date codes, $2.92 minus 5% with cartwheel app, minus 5% using their card. $2.62 for 121oz of 8.25% isn't bad. Buy what you need when you need it.

Kroger still has 10% for $2.50. It's not the most recent batch, but I'm getting expected results when adding it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not sure how I got it, but got a "just for you" $2.50 discount on Clorox at Sam's Club good thru today. Only good for 1 box of 3, picked it up (along with too much other stuff), $6.89/3 is best I've gotten.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.