Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: North Florida Pool and Outdoor Kitchen Build

1. Back To Top    #1

North Florida Pool and Outdoor Kitchen Build

I have been checking out all these pools builds and thought it would be cool to see our project on TFP. A little late to the party as far as posting. We started in November building the following

18x38 free form with sun shelf, raised bond beam with 3 waterfalls, and spa

All pool equipment is Pentair
    VS Pump
    Cartridge Filter,
    SWG
    Ultratemp heat pump
    Master temp gas heater
    Easy touch 8 with screen logic
    3 intellibrite led(one spa and two pool)
    3 magic streams
    Silver travertine decking and coping
    Screen enclosure

11x12 L-shaped outdoor kitchen

ECO gril
    Kamado Joe
    Fridge
    Sink with disposal

I am trying to educate myself and become a pool nerd, I have learned so much from site. Any thoughts/feedback are welcome, but since we are nearly finished, unfortunately I cannot change much.

Erin
    Under Construction --23,000 IG with spa. Pentailr VS3050 pump, cartridge filter, Intellichlor SWG, Pentair Ultratemp heat pump, Master temp 400 gas heater for spa. Silver travertine coping and decking. Easy touch 8 w/ Screen Logic, 3 magic streams, 3 Intellibrite LED lights (2 pool & 1 spa), Premix Freestone Series(color TBD). 11 x 12 ODK equipped with, ECO grill, Kamado Joe, fridge, sink w/ disposal.

2. Back To Top    #2

North Florida Pool and Outdoor Kitchen Build

Ahhh pictures ?? Sounds great !
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: North Florida Pool and Outdoor Kitchen Build

Pictures are forthcoming as soon as I figure it out��
    Under Construction --23,000 IG with spa. Pentailr VS3050 pump, cartridge filter, Intellichlor SWG, Pentair Ultratemp heat pump, Master temp 400 gas heater for spa. Silver travertine coping and decking. Easy touch 8 w/ Screen Logic, 3 magic streams, 3 Intellibrite LED lights (2 pool & 1 spa), Premix Freestone Series(color TBD). 11 x 12 ODK equipped with, ECO grill, Kamado Joe, fridge, sink w/ disposal.

4. Back To Top    #4

Let the fun begin....excavation, form work and steel.
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. Back To Top    #5

Gunite Begins

[IMG]IMG_5719 by docmax2005, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_5723 by docmax2005, on Flickr[/IMG]

Best thing so far for this little guy is the unlimited time with the water hose
    [IMG]Untitled by docmax2005, on Flickr[/IMG]

Backfill of raised wall--yard has considerable slope

- - - Updated - - -

It's hard to get a good shot of the pool without using the panoramic function, it distorts the shape slight
    [IMG]IMG_5762 by docmax2005, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_5761 by docmax2005, on Flickr[/IMG]

6. Back To Top    #6

Now to the difficult decisions....pool tile. Why is it so difficult?

Stone work up next

7. Back To Top    #7

This neighborhood looks like it is near 210 in St. Johns. I am missing Florida. Nice build!

Pauline

8. Back To Top    #8

Good eye Pauline! It's in Durbin Crossing.

9. Back To Top    #9

Oh I have some friends there! D. and C. Bunn. How do you like the outdoor kitchen? Share some pics.

10. Back To Top    #10

The outdoor kitchen looks great(I'll get pics up) but we have not used it. I can't bring myself to cook anything until the mess from the pool build is gone

11. Back To Top    #11

Coping installation

Travertine Decking taking shape

- - - Updated - - -

Decking is complete, pool on pause for kitchen construction...
    Future home of the kitchen

framing started

stone work continues

- - - Updated - - -

The fun stuff delivered and installed....

Evo, my kitchen splurge

and yes that outlet now has an appropriate outdoor rated cover

- - - Updated - - -

Kitchen mostly completed. It is truly an "l-shaped" kitchen, blame the photographer on the distortion.....I have planned on the blank wall above the counter to use two old 1800s barn beams as floating shelves. Hoping the contractor can mount that safely to stucco

- - - Updated - - -

Back to the pool...equipment is/was in place and plumbing is hooked up....excuse my old pic, I thought I had a better one. I'll get better one with the plumbing showing and the electrical visible

12. Back To Top    #12

Hi Neighbor, looking good
    6,000 gal, IG free form,Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish,Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues,Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump,Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15,Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers,Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Pentair IntelliBrite, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer Our New Poolbuild, Jacksonville, FL yr 2009 Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade

13. Back To Top    #13

Thanks! Plaster is set for Thursday. I'm a little nervous about our cold temps and the plaster process

14. Back To Top    #14

Looking sharp. I really like your choices for the stone work.
    COMPLETED BUILD THREAD - 15'x29' rectangular offset shotcrete pool; 14,100 gal; 5'x7' raised spa with 400k btu fire feature; 7' spillover; 25' leuder stone raised bond wall w/waterfall; Pentair SWG; Pentair VS (pool); Pentair 3/4hp feature pump; 1hp spa blower; Pentair Cartridge filter; Pentair “Easy Touch 8” wireless; Dolphin Oasis Z5 robot; Solar Hydronics iSwim solar panels; Mansard Screen Enclosure; walnut travertine deck; 1 very happy kiddo.

15. Back To Top    #15

Great looking build! I like your colors! It looks like things are moving right along!

The watering job is best done by an "expert" like you had!

Have you ordered a good test kit yet? If not you can click on the link in my siggy to see which one would fit your needs. Most find the TF-100 to be the best buy as you get more bang for the buck.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

16. Back To Top    #16

Thanks Kim! We received the TF-100 in the mail on Friday. So from a materials stand point we are good to go, now I just have to get my confidence that we can handle the pool.

17. Back To Top    #17

OH you CAN do it! It will be fun. Let your kid do it with you.

Go ahead and run a test on your fill water. Just leave out the CYA test as that has to be added to show any.

There are videos to show you how to do each test. Here is a link to one. There are several.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...ting-by-Taylor

After a while it will get so that you can tell by the look, smell, taste of the water what it needs.

Ask any questions or do a search. We will walk you though it!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

18. Back To Top    #18

Funny you say that, I was testing the fill water as you were typing. I'm an over analyzer, so now I'm concerned about our hard water and the calcium level of 375 ppm for the fill. That coupled with the builder saying he'll handle the chemistry for first 30 days. I have a good build experience so far but from what I read on here, the integrity of the finish is very dependent on those first 30 days. So, I'm going to let him handle the pool but follow behind with my own testing.

19. Back To Top    #19

Great progress so far...Thanks for sharing
    18k: IG: Black Granite Liner: Aspen: 16x33.5: SWG: Polaris 280

My pool build new-pool-build-in-nh-t60957.html

20. Back To Top    #20

What is this? "Evo, my kitchen splurge"
    DONE, 20 x 40, inground gunite, 30" raised bond beam with 3 12" sheer descents, 8' diving board, pentair 420 cartridge filter, vs-3050 pump, intellechlor ic-40, auto cvr, Tahoe blue pebble tech, 6ea 4' x 12.5' & 2ea 1' x 12.5' helicol solar panels, legend robotic cleaner.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast