Athens, GA - USA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
The installers set everything up for me last summer but I did the closing myself. I am very much looking forward to opening (at least 6 to 8 weeks out). In the meantime, I have a couple of questions.

1.) I drained the sand filter but I did not remove the multi-port valve. Do I need to do anything with the sand or valve when I open? Or just re-connect all the hoses and be done? How do I "prime" it?

2.) The pool, as far as I know, is not electrically bonded. Is this something I need to address? The motor is plugged into a dedicated GFCI outlet which is on its own 15 amp breaker.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Getting a little anxious to open? :lol:

I'm not qualified to answer your bonding question, sorry.

If your pump won't flood on its own, simply fill the pump with a water hose until it draws its own suction from the pool. You can put the valve to rinse or waste incase some dirty water comes through. If it does, just wait until it clears, stop the pump and go back to filter mode.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.