Pool Cover Pump

Gary R

LifeTime Supporter
May 11, 2012
Happy Holidays To All;

Read several threads about pool cover pumps without any real conclusion about what's best. Will be away from the pool for a month during January and February so I'm looking for a pump that can be left on the cover during some harsh weather. Just wondering if their are any current suggestions for a pool cover pump that would allow for wintry weather.

Thank for any help!

Regards,

Gary R.

The Rule 1800 and Wayne 57729-WYNP cover pumps can both be left in the pool even when it is well below freezing. I find the Rule 1800 is more stable, the Wayne 57729-WYNP tends to fall over. In my experience neither one seems to last more than two seasons.

Don't know where you are at but I assume you mean harsh as in cold and snow and ice. I am in central Illinois and have had a Rule 1800 for several years. I got 3 years out of my original and bought a new one off of fleabay at a good price. Zero complaints from me. I always position near the edge so it can pick up water when it thaws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies!

Looks like the Rule cover pumps are no longer being made:

Discontinued, Effective June 30th, 2014, Rule Industries will no longer be accepting orders for any variation of the pool cover pump. Rule Industries will remain committed to their customers by honoring their warranty. If a pool cover pump customer requires warranty assistance, they will make every effort to assist the customer. See H53SP-24 Warranty Claim Form.

Gary R

Thanks again for the replies about cover pumps:

I just bought: 'Wayne 57729-WYNP Automatic ON/OFF Water Removal Pool Cover Pump' by ...

The WAPC250 is an automatic ON/OFF water removal pool cover pump. Max. flow rate is 3000 gallons per hour using 1-1/4" drain hose. Includes: Check-valve with 3/4" garden hose...

Purchased on Amazon for $139 with free shipping and no tax.

Had some points built up so I got for $92.00.

Best regards,

Gary R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.