Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Pool - Houston TX

1. Back To Top    #1

My Pool - Houston TX

Hi everyone. I contracted with my pool builder on 10/20 and the dig was done on 10/22. The top on the concrete deck is applied tomorrow. We had about 10 days of bad weather during the build.

The Design

Then a few pictures of the different stages.
    Before

Just before filling

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: My Pool - Houston TX

Nice pics and Welcome to TFP!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

3. Back To Top    #3

Great looking pool. Interesting shape ! 😎
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

4. Back To Top    #4

I really like the beach style entry. Very nice project.
    14K Freeform Gunite w/60% Blue Quartz plaster, Quad DE filter, Intelliflo VS Pump + Booster for Cleaner, Aquacal Heat Pump

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks everyone. We started with a more traditional shape and then added area to the pool to accommodate the items we wanted (i.e. beach entry and cocktail cove). Then we stretched the curves a little to get the size we wanted. The back yard is almost a 1/3 acre in a corner lot so we had plenty of space to max out budget with.

The deck coating should be today. The waterfall flow was adjusted yesterday (for the second time) and then its planning the landscaping, installing speakers around the pool, and accent lighting.
    ~Paul
    19x40 IG including 10' BE, 18,000 gal, plaster, 48 SF DE, 1.5HP pump, AquaPure SWCG, Ozonejoe 30MR, Rockwaterfall, LED light, TF-100 Fill date 11/21/2014
    My ODK Build | My Pool Build | If You're From Texas Vote Here

6. Back To Top    #6

So I just realized there is an "under-construction" section. Does this thread need to be moved?
    ~Paul
    19x40 IG including 10' BE, 18,000 gal, plaster, 48 SF DE, 1.5HP pump, AquaPure SWCG, Ozonejoe 30MR, Rockwaterfall, LED light, TF-100 Fill date 11/21/2014

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

Does this thread need to be moved?
    No. The way most people look at the forum (by ANY new posts) we all see all the new threads. (Nice Pool!!)
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

8. Back To Top    #8

I really like your pool's design. The table is a nice addition as well. I can't wait to see some more progress. Thanks for the wonderful pics.

9. Back To Top    #9

The deck coating guys didn't show up yesterday. I hope they do today as Saturday we are supposed to get some rain.

The coating is the last item that needs to be completed then the build is complete and the landscape design starts!
    ~Paul

10. Back To Top    #10

Very nice indeed!!!
    Dave My Pool Build, ODK Build
    22X42 Gunite Freeform 23K Gal, 10X12 Spa
    Diamond-Brite midnight blue, 1800sq. ft Kool Deck
    Pentair Easy-Touch 8, 2-2hp Pentair, 500lb Sand Filter, 400K btu Pentair heater

11. Back To Top    #11

They coated the decking yesterday. The rain we had last week messed it up a little so they will be out next week to fix it. HOWEVER it is good enough for me to complete this... http://youtu.be/9upjMHzLjNA

It is a timelapse movie I made of our entire construction process! I used my iPad setup in a second story window, timelapse app, and iMovie for polishing.

Hope you enjoy!!
    ~Paul

12. Back To Top    #12

cool video... great pool... Also, love the BBQ island. I followed that build on BBQ source and will be using some of your info to build mine which will include the concrete countertops.
    Pool done!! (backyard = work in progress) 32' x 19' inground freeform with 7' spa, baja step w/ (2) bubblers, stonescapes mini pebble finish, rock waterfall feature, 12" raised bond beam, Intelliflo VS, Whisperflo feature pump, (3) 5G Color LED's, FNS + DE 60, 400K Master Temp, Easytouch 8 w/ remote, Intellichlor IC40, Vision Classic Ceramic Kamado smoker, Margaritaville DM1000!!! Party Coming Soon!!
    TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir

13. Back To Top    #13

Let me know if you have any more questions. The island was quite easy looking back at it. It took me a long time because I could only work on it certain times since I have 3 small kids.

The concrete was simple. It is expensive to buy a sanded and pads of you don't already have them. Worth it though in my opinion.
    ~Paul

14. Back To Top    #14

I'm glad everything worked out well for you and your pool. The video looks great and of course the pool was awesome. I think it was nice chronicling how it all started up to its final touches.

15. Back To Top    #15

Beautiful pool!
    2014 Legacy Above ground/vinyl/Indoor pool 3200 Gal.-Sand filter/1Hp/ Pooline-Pump/Splapool 1Hp-Test kit- hth 3 way test kit and hth 6-way test strips- Taylor 2006 test kit
    TompsonTec Ion Generator-Electric SpaPak Heater & Solar Heat source-Leisure Vac automatic cleaner-Pool is in heated garage with no sunlight.

16. Back To Top    #16

Very Very Sweet! Congrats!
    18k: IG: Black Granite Liner: Aspen: 16x33.5: SWG: Polaris 280

My pool build new-pool-build-in-nh-t60957.html

17. Back To Top    #17

Love the beach entrance! It looks great!
    27' AG 18K Gallons ~ Cartridge Filter ~ Pentair 1.5 HP Pump

18. Back To Top    #18

Thank you! We talked to 5 PB's. 4 of them said it was a waste of money and we wouldn't use it. I have 3 kids (6, 3, and 1)... I can't keep them out of it!
    ~Paul

19. Back To Top    #19

sweet.
    does the beach entry just drop off into stairs? its kind of hard to tell from the photos.
    looks great. I imagine the bench seat is actually inside of the waterfall. fun stuff. lucky kids.
    -Jimbo- My pool was full of dirt and trees. Now it's full of water and children!
    20k gallon inground pool, 18" raised spa 7' round, 8 jets, 3" spa plumbing. Pentair intelliflo 3hp vsp, Easy touch 4 w/ ic 40, CCP 420 cartridge filter, Raypak 407a w/ cupro nickel, Screen logic 2, Pentair intelliph, spa side remote, Pentair 5g color lights pool and spa, TF-100 test kit with speed stir and Dolphin Oasis Z5

20. Back To Top    #20

Yes the beach entry has two steps after it to get to depth. The bench under the waterfall is recessed so that you can sit on it and the water will fall in front of your face (you sit under the huge rock).
    ~Paul

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast