Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: spa light and housing replacement

1. Back To Top    #1

spa light and housing replacement

The 4 3/4" spa light keeps blowing and I believe it is a faulty seal. I was told I had to buy the entire housing to include the bulb. (75w) Where can I get the replacement piece and is it a do it yourself job?
    20,000 gal chlorine DE filter (crushed shells?)
    IG pool, Older Jandy PDA remote control system
    Not sure if it's plaster/pebble, or fiberglass construction
    Pump and filter info coming; It has a gas heated spa

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: spa light and housing replacement

Kneeling on your deck above the light you should be able to reach down and remove any retaining screws and then remove the light and set it on the deck. The whole assembly comes out cord and all.

You should then be able to find the manufacturer and model number on the light.

Choose a couple local pool stores -- call around and find one with your replacement light. When you go in ask them how to replace it. They should explain it to you. The manufacturer will usually also have a pdf instructions on their web site.

This first time I would go to a pool store and have them explain it to you. But there are a bunch of internet pool retailers that are generally less expensive.

If you have a problem take pictures and come back here and ask.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

There are many universal LED lights for spas that are very affordable.
    20X40 30,000 gallon gunite pool

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by Kainedogg View Post
    The 4 3/4" spa light keeps blowing and I believe it is a faulty seal. I was told I had to buy the entire housing to include the bulb. (75w) Where can I get the replacement piece and is it a do it yourself job?
    Did you by chance have the manufacture information from the light fixture? That will help us determine the type of replacement needed for your bulb or light.