Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: need new skimmer /vac pole

1. Back To Top    #1

need new skimmer /vac pole

have old second hand skimmer / vac poles; one aluminum one metal

bent / broke the metal one so need new poles

what is the favored material now?

thank you
    IG under fir trees and one cherry surrounded by grass built in 1979, 30k, plaster, old Sta-Rite HRPB30, 4.9 sq.ft, 20 GPM/sq.ft., but with new glass, new (in 2012) 1 HP WhisperFlo one speed, new (in 2013) Rainbow tab chlorinator attached at the top, old Maxi-Flo Heat Exchanger MF-260, Burnham V7 oil heater 245 MBH, new (in 2012) Compool to Easytouch, Taylor K-2005 and TF-100.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: need new skimmer /vac pole

I have been using the telescoping painter's pole for many years. They are much more durable than the flimsy aluminum poles found at the pool store.
    You'll have to rig up a connecting end to allow your pool accessory items (brush, leaf rake, etc.) to be attached. I chose the path of sawing off a six to eight inch piece from an old aluminum pole, drilling holes for the various attachments, and securing it to the pole with screws. I had to replace this modified attachment from time to time due to wear and tear, but this arrangement has worked for me.
    22,000 gallon ig vinyl solar heated (panels and cover) zeolite filtrate

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: need new skimmer /vac pole

Had a pool company out today to discuss re-plaster, slate, coping, etc. Also has 11 guys maintaining ~500 pools. Nice guy, sounded quite competent. Said his guys like fiberglass. So I bought one. Brushed the pool with it. Is heavier than either aluminum or thin metal tube but quite stiff. Could even brush the vertical walls.

Also said his guys like brushes half metal half nylon (for plaster pools). So I get one of them as well.
    IG under fir trees and one cherry surrounded by grass built in 1979, 30k, plaster, old Sta-Rite HRPB30, 4.9 sq.ft, 20 GPM/sq.ft., but with new glass, new (in 2012) 1 HP WhisperFlo one speed, new (in 2013) Rainbow tab chlorinator attached at the top, old Maxi-Flo Heat Exchanger MF-260, Burnham V7 oil heater 245 MBH, new (in 2012) Compool to Easytouch, Taylor K-2005 and TF-100.