Cover for Johnny Weismuller

kteachrm

Bronze Supporter
Sep 27, 2014
Northeast OH
I'm getting ready to close my 24' round Johnny Weismuller pool. I've had this pool for28 years and I still haven't figured out the answer to this. The JW pools have a walkaround deck and fencing that can't be removed for the winter, so I can't wrap the winter cover over the edge of the pool and secure it. I've used a 24' winter cover and a 27' winter cover and almost every year, I have to replace the cover because the grommets get ripped out. When I open the pool, there's only about 18" of water in the pool. Why am I losing so much water which always results in the cover getting ripped up? I keep a pump on top of the cover but with our cold snowy winters, it doesn't run most of the time. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help you can offer!

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

If the pool is emptying, then there must be a leak.
Sounds like an in-ground cover might work better for you that anchors into the deck and is designed to be suspended above the water.

Thanks so much for your reply. Every winter cover I buy can't have a leak in it and it's not the liner because it doesn't lose water all summer. I think what happens is that because of the way I have to attach the cover (just laying on top of the walkway and tied to the posts), it can't support the weight of the snow and gets pulled down into the pool, pushing the water up and out the skimmer. Eventually, there's nothing to support the cover so the grommets rip out and the binding lets go. I've thought of an inground cover, but I've never seen one for a round pool and I've never seen one that suspends above the water. Do you know where I can find one like that? Is there one like that?

I uploaded a pic of a JW pool, but mine has that extended walkway all the way around it.pool.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.