Well here's my story:
Bought an Intex 18x48" 2 months ago and it was great for the first month and half. All pool levels were stable and had crystal clear water. I went on vacation and that's where the heartache began. Seems we lost power and timers did not kick the pump or saltwater system back on. I got home and the pool was green so I immediately shocked the pool. It turned blue for about a day then right back to green. So 3 days ago I shocked the pool again and now the chlorine is still through the roof. I am at a loss, I have read and re-read the pool school and shock information and still cannot get the pool to stabilize.
I am beginning to think there is another culprit....the pump/filter. This thing is noisy and excuse my language but I can probably pee harder than then amount of water coming through pump. The pump has been running non stop for the past 5 days, rinsing filter morning and night. There is small amounts of dead algae being caught in the filter, but does not seem to be catching as much as i would think. Should I upgrade the pump to the intex sand filter?!?!
Also I have been brushing the bottom of the pool to clean up any dead algae. Now theimage.jpg Pool water is still cloudy blue with maybe 2' of visibility.
Here are my current water conditions:
Free chlorine: 11.48ppm
Total chlorine: 15.00ppm
Combined chlorine : 3.58ppm
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!