CC test in TF-100

Speed103

LifeTime Supporter
May 7, 2013
Lafayette, LA
I tried searching for this answer but couldn't find anything. When doing the FAS-DPD test with the TF-100, I've seen the official (and extended) instructions say to add the reagent R-0871 until the sample turns clear. I've seen for the other tests that it's recommended to add until there is no color change. I've seen some people say they do that as well for the FAS-DPD test, which I started doing. I was wondering though if this will affect the results of the CC test since after adding R-0003, you add the same reagent (R-0871) as the FC test. In other words, if it turns clear, and I add another drop to make sure there's no further color change, I've added an addition drop of R-0871 to the mixture than if I had just stopped when I thought it was clear. Will this additional drop affect the CC reading?

I had forgotten about those videos. Do you know why it doesn't matter? I would naturally think that the more R-0871 you add at the end, the more it would affect the CC test since it's the same reagent to turn it back to clear. Is it not so obvious chemistry-wise or is this part of the margin of error?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.