I have an obnoxious amount of trees around my house and pool. Last winter was my first in this house, and when the leaves started falling it was a daily task to sweep the pool cover of leaves. However many leaves you are imagining, double it.
Before Leafmageddon starts this fall, I am going to build a PVC and Vinyl tent house over the pool. Here are my rudimentary plans
- Test/Feasibility by building a PVC/Vinyl cover for the pump and filter. Rectangular and simple.
- Create a 20x40ish frame for the pool. Anchor with existing cover anchors (edit: the anchors are a few feet from the pools so we are probably more like 25x45)
- Three feet vertical to 45 degree pitch
- Door flap on one end for water testing, possible extended season with semi-permanent cover.
- Color or number code pieces for easy reconstruction in future years.
I'm thinking grommets and cord for patching the vinyl over the frame. Also of having the base outside of the cover anchors and using wire to connect frame to raised anchors.
Timeline: It appears from my records and emails that mid-October was the beginning of Leafmageddon last year, so
9/1 Pump-filter test run complete
9/15 frame complete
9/22 vinyl grommeted and ready
I found a 2 year old thread about pool domes here, but nothing else even close to this. I welcome thoughts, suggestions, comments and warnings. Thank you.