Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Chlorinator off - no flow??

1. Back To Top    #1

Chlorinator off - no flow??

I noticed that my Aqua Logic PS-8 controller keypad display said "Chlorinator off - no flow". Water is circulating fine through filter and pool with normal filter pressure. Time for a new flowswitch??

TIA
    7000 gallon IG freeform w/ 6 ft. spa, 21 ft weeping wall, Hayward SP4020NS Northstar pump, Colorlogic LED’s, DE6020 filter and H400IDL2 400,000btu heater. Aqua logic 8 zone controller with Aqua Rite salt chlorine generator, Stonescapes pebble finish – Aqua Blue and flagstone coping, stamped/stained concrete deck

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Chlorinator off - no flow??

Those flow switches do tend to fail. However, you should double check that the cable is properly connected, you do have good flow, and the filter pressure is normal before giving up on the flow sensor.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Jason, I'll check connections. I am assuming that the flowswitch is mounted separate from the salt cell and not part of that wiring bundle?
    7000 gallon IG freeform w/ 6 ft. spa, 21 ft weeping wall, Hayward SP4020NS Northstar pump, Colorlogic LED’s, DE6020 filter and H400IDL2 400,000btu heater. Aqua logic 8 zone controller with Aqua Rite salt chlorine generator, Stonescapes pebble finish – Aqua Blue and flagstone coping, stamped/stained concrete deck

4. Back To Top    #4

Yes, the flow switch is a separate unit with it's own cable.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Connections seem ok. Called PB and they will call Hayward to come out under warranty. Last time that happened was June of 2007 for a new outdoor temp sensor and they haven't showed yet! If I don't hear from them by Wednesday I will order one and do it myself.

Will add bleach but not too worried after reading waterbear's post of no algae for 12 days using Borates! I have 50ppm in there now.