Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pump speed doesn't work!

1. Back To Top    #1

Pump speed doesn't work!

I got a fairly new motor and pump assembly for my 2001 Viking Supreme hot tub. At first I was able to turn on the light and switch between low and high speeds. Now that I over filled the tub until it ran across the switch on top of the tub, I can't get nothing but the filter cycle when I put the power to the tub. It will also heat the water in this cycle. From the factory the filter cycle stays on for 5 hours every 12 hours. Does anybody have any idea's to what is wrong here. I do have a slight leak on the suction and the output side of the pump. I did switch the red and black wires on the 240 volt system, hoping it would run on the high speed during the filter cycle. No.......that didn't work. Any help out there?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pump speed doesn't work!

Not sure if this will help, but here's the manual for 2005: http://vikingspas.com/2005owners.pdf
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!!!

Sounds like you overflowed the spa and got at least the switch wet and maybe some of the electronics? Maybe the link bobo provided will help troubleshoot.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks bobodaclown for the .pdf link. I really needed that one.
    jblizzle, you hit the nail on the head with the water leak. Actually, come to find out, there was a union link down on the heater that is attached to the back of the control panel. It shorted out the other end of the top side switch cable so I had to dry it up and now it's working fine. Thanks both of you for coming back to me on this topic.