Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Construction in Austin, TX

1. Back To Top    #1

New Construction in Austin, TX

Finally got through permit fun (City and HOA) on my new pool. Expecting a 12 week build, though this might extend a bit as I will be out of the country for 2 weeks in August. Here is the rendering from my PB and the cut of a bunch of Cedar trees (good riddance).

18' x 30' In-ground gunite rectangular pool (~15k gal.) (will keep updating specs when I get to a real keyboard).

image.jpgimage.jpg

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Construction in Austin, TX

This should be very exciting! Please add pool specs when you get a chance and keep the pics coming!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

that looks great! Very nice design.
    Intex UltraFrame 14'x48in - 3,900 gallons. Intex 1600 GPH combo Sand Filter/SWG Hard Plumbed w/Hayward skimmer, suction & return. Borates.
    And... 15k gallon kidney shaped gunite 1975 vintage. Hayward DE3620 filter + Hayward 750 pump.
    TF100 Test Kit | Pool School | Pool Math

4. Back To Top    #4

is that a negative edge?
    32K gallon 24'x41' IG, 8'x10' spa, mini pebble,
    Pentair equipment [Intellitouch I9, IC-60 SWG, 520 sq Clean + Clear Plus cartridge filter, 3 VS pumps(1 FX, 2 intelliflo)], Dolphin M5 cleaner.
    2 rain shears, 2 water shears, 2 blubbers, 4 laminars, water slide, rock waterfall.

5. Back To Top    #5

Faux negative edge.. Too much $$$ for real. Looks good in the pics, but will see what reality is when completed.

6. Back To Top    #6

July 31, 2014
    Day 1: Excavation - I think they got a lot done for one day. PB saying 60 days now for completion, but I know how these things go and I think I'll be happy if they make their original 12 week estimate.

7. Back To Top    #7

Awesome looking pool.

Sounds like my PB, we tried to get it done before we went on vacation for 3 weeks. Pool wasn't done until 2 weeks after we left. If you can, think about alternatives for you not being there. I was considering changing my flight arrangements. Good thing I didn't, because I would have had to change it again. my neighbor did the pool fill for us, and my supervisor started off my chemical treatment.
    18k Gallon IG Glass Tile finish, 3 x Copper Scupper sheer descent, Flagstone coping, Jandy 460 Cartridge filter, Jandy 2HP Variable speed ePump, Jandy Pro Watercolors LED x 2, Dolphin Nautilus, Sodium Tetraborate, TFP maintained.

8. Back To Top    #8

August 1, 2014
    Day 2: Excavation done

9. Back To Top    #9

The design is beautiful. Can't wait to see the progress
    -Karen
    New in 2017, will update

10. Back To Top    #10

Exciting! I like your design a lot!
    Swimming!: 19x32 IG rectangular pool, 22,500 gallons; 3' - 6.5'; open spa w/ 6 jets; raised wall w/ 1 sheer descent and 2 minijets, 2 color-changing LED pool lights, 1 spa light; Jandy 2 1/2 HP 2 speed Pump, Jandy cartridge filter (320 SQFT), Diamondbrite Cool Blue

11. Back To Top    #11

Coming along finally after a little break... They did a lot of the rebar today. I think when I told the builder I didn't want to start gunite until I return from vacation, he put the brakes on a bit. But I would rather wait for that until I get back.

12. Back To Top    #12

My bro in law (in Austin) said he got a quote on a pool and just over the phone, the PB told him it was in the neighborhood of $20k just to punch a hole in the ground b/c of the rock and limestone !!! Does that even sound ballparkish or the norm?....I notice most of your elevation is above grade.

Good looking pool BTW
    18x36 vinyl / sport pool 5.5' deep / 1.5hp Tri-Star 2spd / Hayward c3030 325 sqft cartridge / ~15k gal / TF100

13. Back To Top    #13

Thanks.

I don't know... that sounds high. But I can't really say as my PB doesn't break down the cost like that. I wouldn't trust anything over the phone as there are just too many variables.

All I know is, building a pool in Austin is more $ than Houston and Dallas (in general). Lot of reasons for that, not just elevation/rock. But yes, as you can probably see, mine is a lot of retaining wall(s) because of the elevation change.

14. Back To Top    #14

After we got back from vacation, we saw they did some of the plumbing:

15. Back To Top    #15

Gunite done! Time to start the watering process. From what I've read on this forum, the more the better. Just spent about 15 min watering.

16. Back To Top    #16

I'm curious to see how the faux negative edge looks, I've never seen it. So far it looks like it's going to be incredible!

17. Back To Top    #17

Quote Originally Posted by Corleone View Post
    I'm curious to see how the faux negative edge looks, I've never seen it. So far it looks like it's going to be incredible!
    Me too! PB had done on pools before, but it was hard to tell from the pics. He did give fair warning that although it should look good, it is not the same as a true negative edge.
    15k gallon 18x30' IG gunite pool, 36 sqft spa, PebbleSheen, Pentair IntelliFlo VS-3050, Pentair Clean & Clear 420 Cartridge, Pentair MasterTemp 400k NG, Pentair EasyTouch PS-8 controller, KK Racer

18. Back To Top    #18

Anything I sould worry about here with the PVC exposed through the top of the gunite on the spa wall?

15k gallon 18x30' IG gunite pool, 36 sqft spa, PebbleSheen, Pentair IntelliFlo VS-3050, Pentair Clean & Clear 420 Cartridge, Pentair MasterTemp 400k NG, Pentair EasyTouch PS-8 controller, KK Racer

19. Back To Top    #19

I would wonder that as well, I wouldn't think being exposed it a good thing.
    Chris - aka cwescapexlt4x4
    (Build 8/26/14 - 10/17/14) in-ground Presidential Pools 15K gallon salt water pool Pentair Inteiliflo pump, Regal Blue Pebble, Clean & Clear filter, in-floor cleaning,
    LED light, 3' sheer spill, 2 benches, large Baja step. / Pergola by Booth Built 19W x 14D // Outdoor Kitchen, W/Primo grill and BBQ Coach kit for the island.

20. Back To Top    #20

Limestone going in.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast