Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: anthony pool light obsolete - suitable replacement?

1. Back To Top    #1

anthony pool light obsolete - suitable replacement?

so my parents just purchased a home that their pool needed some work. We are finally down to the light and I ordered a pentair amerlite, thinking doesn't get any more standard than than. But when it came in we soon realized the bottom mounting point is different on the amerlite. The anthony pool light has a pin like mount vs the amerlite is a step lip.

I know we aren't the first ones to replace an anthony light, any members have history with this problem? BTW I wasn't able to see if the light had any kind of model number or anything it was so corroded.

anthony ring vs amerlite ring

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: anthony pool light obsolete - suitable replacement?

anyone?

3. Back To Top    #3

you may be able to get your amerilight to work using a "pool light wedge"

40,000 gallon ig gunite, Pentair Challanger Century Centurion 2.2 HP Pump, FNS 60 DE filter, Polaris 280, Century Centurion 3/4 HP Booster Pump, Attached ig spa - 1HP Centurion pump - Dual non functioning blowers

4. Back To Top    #4

thanks for the reply heavyzee, what is the wedge for? and is it something I could buy at leslies?

Quote Originally Posted by heavyzee View Post
    you may be able to get your amerilight to work using a "pool light wedge"

5. Back To Top    #5

The wedge is to secure the new light into the niche which is the part built in the wall.

Most likely, the replacemetn light may not fit the old anthony one perfectly... the wedge is a nice easy fix to secure the new light into a "mis-matched" niche or if the little threaded tab is stripped out or broken off.

Leslies prolly carries them. You can google and find out for sure though.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by heyitsme06 View Post
    anyone?
    The following links may help you to find compatible old Anthony ring.

Pool light 120V 500 Watt - R40 - Swimming Pool

The original Swimquip Pool Light. Millions installed all over the world, The Sta-Rite fits most old Anthony pools underwater lights. Light measures 8-1/2" outside dimensions. (1960-1990)

http://www.sunplay.com/Pentair-SwimQ...05086-0025.htm
    http://www.poolcenter.com/p/the-orig...uip-pool-light
    http://www.inyopools.com/pool_parts_...ool_light.aspx

7. Back To Top    #7

Hi - I am going through something similar now with my Anthony pool. Were you able to figure out what to do for a light replacement?
    40k IG Gunite pool (47x21), Jandy iQ904-PS, SK1202 (2HP) pump, Anthony Pools Apollo VA-52 DE
    Stenner Liquid Chlorine Dispenser - 30 gallon tank, Zodiac PB4-60 Polaris Booster Pump, Polaris 280 Pool cleaner
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL Become a TFP Supporter!