Feeling a little green...

Hey gang -

So I have been SLAMing the pool for about 5.5 days and I am feeling a little doubtful that I know what I am doing.

CYA 50
FC 15 (trying to keep above 20)
CC 0 (the entire time it has never been higher than .5)
pH 8.2 (though the FC is so high, I know this is skewed)
Alk 90
CH 200

Why would my FC keep dropping? Pool is a bit cloudy (though it seems to cloud whenever I have SLAMmed).
My ONCL has been btw 1-2ppm

But during the day I lost 6ppm from 10:30 to 5:45.

Also - why would filter sand be ending up on the bottom of the pool?

Thoughts?

How often are you testing and redosing to bring your FC back up to 20. ? If you lost 6 ppm from 10:30 to 5:45 that's normal when there's something consuming it along with the sun. That's too long to let it go without testing and bringing the FC level back up. You need to test more often if you can. Shock level and MAINTAIN. the process will go a lot faster the longer the FC remains at shock level. Shoot a little higher. Take it to 22. ?

I bumped up the FC last night to 26, performed ONCL at 11:00pm and 6am with no loss. I am still seeing a CC of .5 - This is unusual for our pool (though I understand it is in the realm of "ok), remind me again what CC means/is?

Thoughts?

Changed out our filter sand yesterday, it has made a huge difference in water "feel", it has felt "sticky" for years! There was 1 bag of pool sand available in our area (we need 12) so we went with the Vitro-clean, fingers crossed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.